Pelican recoil LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yknot

Reaction score
Has anyone used these yet? They are a new style that inverts the light over the reflector. Claim is good burn time for a set of batteries as well as super long life of LED bulbs. Just want to know how well they work.

My buddy just upgraded his light to the new LED version, but he has not gotten it wet yet. The beam seems more directed and brighter above water.

The CLAIMS are extreme life for the LEDs and 50% longer battery life. The beam is also supposed to cut through the water better.

I am waiting to see the actual underwater results myself, because I am thinking about upgrading my bulbs or replacing my lights myself.

Wristshot.

I'm reviving an old thread here, but I dove a Pelican Recoil today and was extremely impressed! My buddy was using a light Cannon and I felt like I was "keeping up" just fine.

Quite a remarkable little light! For $39 on sale, it was a great purchase! It was as bright as a lot of primary lights out there and so small and unobtrusive. If anyone has doubts, I don't think anyone would be dissapointed with a Recoil as a 2ndary.

I have one and I really like it. I got mine last summer. Still has the same set of batteries in it. It is brighter than my C8 light, and uses less batteries.

I was shopping for a primary. I've been considering the Shockwave LED as I hate big hand held lights (so far)...

I'm actually considering buying a 2nd Recoil as a back up for the other Recoil and maybe just using both together for now,
if I need more light for a moment or two although in 5-15' viz looking into holes or signaling my buddy, the Recoil seems to be doing the job.

Once I dive with someone who's using the Shockwave, I'll be able to make a better decision.

Wish shops rented a larger variety of lights to try before plunking down a hundred or more bucks :-(

I have one of these and LOVE IT!! It's great on batteries, and the light is very white and bright. It isn't a really wide beamed light, but whatever you point at is definitely illuminated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom