Dive Light - Good Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I purchased a Pelican Nemo 8C dive light in August 2001. While packing up my gear to go diving in Jan 2002, I discovered the batteries had leaked and ruined my light. I just figured I was out one light. After all, it was not a malfunction of Pelicans fault. The batteries leaked.

I called Pelican anyway, and told them what had happened. They told me to return the light and they would replace it. So I did. They are just over in Torrance, so I drove over there. I handed them my old light and the return number the lady on the phone had given me, and they handed me a brand new light.

Now that is excellent customer service. I was all set to go buy a new light and not even call them. Glad I did.

Even the smallest bubble shall beat me to the service.

Well, Read the warranty,

They are garanteed against everything except bear attacks, shark attacks and children under the age of 4!

I've had two replaced, I forget to tighten the lens and at 200+ feet, water will get in

I had the same exprience with Pelican. Light flooded (my fault!). I returned the old one and got a new on in return. I then broke the on/off switch and the just mailed me a new one. I buy their lights whenever I need a light. Great customer service with no questions asked. Hell, I even buy broken Pelican lights so I can send them back!

Scott

Always glad to hear of GOOD experiences with any manufacturer out there. (It's unfortunate some are not) Thanks for posting this pasley. I have nothing but good to say about Pelican and Underwater Kinetics as well.
Norm:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom