Dive Light - FishEye Fix Light - Good Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iainwilliams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello:

I use a digital camera and I’m looking for a good focussing light that can also double as a dive light.

I was keen on the amphibico 10 watt HID, however, am concerned that the bulbs are very fragile and you cannot turn them on and off readily.

The other light I was looking at was the FISH-EYE Fix light HG20DX.

What are people’s opinions? Is the Fish-Eye a good light that will meet my needs?

Does anyone know of similar light with better burn times than 60 minutes?

Thanks. Dive SAFE………….Iain

Hartenberger Nano, available at Backscatter and other places. (It is a dive light originally with a diffuser) Tried both, and the Fisheye (for me) was less than stellar, had issues with the chargers annd the unit itself. The Nano has been rock solid.

Advantages of the Fisheye is that it is lighter (plastic) and has "infinate" settings (when it works, again just my experience). The Nano is heavier (metal), with only 4 settings [but covers the gamut for the most part] but built solid, the controls face you (the Fisheye controls are on top so you have to flip them if you want to look at them) and also real easy to charge, just shake the water out and plug in the female receptacles in the back, no need to open anything. The Fisheye has to have the battery removed and placed "just-so" in the charger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom