Next generation X1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks cavemn - we've actually recently re-designed the X1 to be more reliable and easier to use. One of the changes we made is switching to the use of a ceramic pressure sensor with which we have had zero failures - pressure sensors are, perhaps, the #1 failure point of dive computers.

Beyond that, Liquivision is always considering and researching emerging technologies. We introduced the OLED display to the dive community and look forward to hopefully introducing new technologies in the future. If you've got "the next great idea," we'd love to hear it... in a PM of course!! :wink:

what about air integration?

what about air integration?

Well, air integration doesn't exactly fit into the category of "cool new ideas we want to keep secret" so putting it here is fine. We only ask that if you have some wild new idea you want us to work on that you send it in PM.

Air integration is still not something we will be adding to the X1 - it would have to be done through the X-Link (currently used for rebreather live PPO2 monitoring) which would add a significant additional expense for an open-circuit customer.

It is something we will consider moving forward as it's becoming more and more popular with both recreational and technical divers.

yeah, not saying it is needed just curious if the x1 was to go in that direction..its not a selling point to me, but if it were added it would be good.

Cheers Joel

Will Liquidvision consider a upgrade plan onto future X1 similar to that offered by Shearwater on the upgrade from Pursuit to Predator? I am about to buy a tech computer. X1 seems best fit to what I want. But it is also a few years old and that's why I hesitate and wait a bit to see if there will be a new version coming.

Will Liquidvision consider a upgrade plan onto future X1 similar to that offered by Shearwater on the upgrade from Pursuit to Predator? I am about to buy a tech computer. X1 seems best fit to what I want. But it is also a few years old and that's why I hesitate and wait a bit to see if there will be a new version coming.

The X1 will not be upgraded in the future at the hardware level. The new products, however, might be of interest to you too. The Xen bottom timer and the Xeo computer.

I'm planning to buy my 2cd X1 but i'd love to have it in a limited edition like titanium hardcase with liquivison X1 engraved on it.

Come on you can do it!!!

In this sport a few years old is better than just came out. Tested to be known as reliable is of far more value. There isn’t really anything else there to upgrade in the X1. So I would recommend you buy this and not bother with the overly colorful ones.

Valéry;5723800:
I'm planning to buy my 2cd X1 but i'd love to have it in a limited edition like titanium hardcase with liquivison X1 engraved on it.

Come on you can do it!!!

Paint it yourself and tell everyone it is an exclusive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom