Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next generation X1?

New User

ughhh

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Photos

Next generation X1?

Are there any plans in the works on a next gen version?

Equipment Manufacturer

Has not set a "status"

Thanks cavemn - we've actually recently re-designed the X1 to be more reliable and easier to use. One of the changes we made is switching to the use of a ceramic pressure sensor with which we have had zero failures - pressure sensors are, perhaps, the #1 failure point of dive computers.

Beyond that, Liquivision is always considering and researching emerging technologies. We introduced the OLED display to the dive community and look forward to hopefully introducing new technologies in the future. If you've got "the next great idea," we'd love to hear it... in a PM of course!!

Dive Enlightened.

Registered

hates lousy weather !

Dives
    100 - 199
    what about air integration?

Registered

says Florida Rocks!

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joel231 View Post
    Hmmm, that dosen't look like a PM...

Equipment Manufacturer

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by joel231 View Post
    Well, air integration doesn't exactly fit into the category of "cool new ideas we want to keep secret" so putting it here is fine. We only ask that if you have some wild new idea you want us to work on that you send it in PM.

Air integration is still not something we will be adding to the X1 - it would have to be done through the X-Link (currently used for rebreather live PPO2 monitoring) which would add a significant additional expense for an open-circuit customer.

It is something we will consider moving forward as it's becoming more and more popular with both recreational and technical divers.

Dive Enlightened.

Registered

hates lousy weather !

Dives
    100 - 199
    yeah, not saying it is needed just curious if the x1 was to go in that direction..its not a selling point to me, but if it were added it would be good.

Cheers Joel

ScubaBoard Supporter
    Go Red - Support SB!

Has not set a "status"

Will Liquidvision consider a upgrade plan onto future X1 similar to that offered by Shearwater on the upgrade from Pursuit to Predator? I am about to buy a tech computer. X1 seems best fit to what I want. But it is also a few years old and that's why I hesitate and wait a bit to see if there will be a new version coming.

Equipment Manufacturer

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by hongrace View Post
    Will Liquidvision consider a upgrade plan onto future X1 similar to that offered by Shearwater on the upgrade from Pursuit to Predator? I am about to buy a tech computer. X1 seems best fit to what I want. But it is also a few years old and that's why I hesitate and wait a bit to see if there will be a new version coming.
    The X1 will not be upgraded in the future at the hardware level. The new products, however, might be of interest to you too. The Xen bottom timer and the Xeo computer.

Dive Enlightened.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    I'm planning to buy my 2cd X1 but i'd love to have it in a limited edition like titanium hardcase with liquivison X1 engraved on it.

Come on you can do it!!!

Valéry

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by hongrace View Post
    In this sport a few years old is better than just came out. Tested to be known as reliable is of far more value. There isn’t really anything else there to upgrade in the X1. So I would recommend you buy this and not bother with the overly colorful ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Valéry View Post
    I'm planning to buy my 2cd X1 but i'd love to have it in a limited edition like titanium hardcase with liquivison X1 engraved on it.

Come on you can do it!!!
    Paint it yourself and tell everyone it is an exclusive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast