Lynx freaked right the heck out, kept exiting dive mode and bad depth readings.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

griffon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue on their Lynx (1.13 firmware).

I was diving this morning down in Carmel, CA. I dropped down to about 30ft depth and everything looked ok... but then a minute later noticed my Lynx had switched to surface mode. I tapped it a couple time and it switched back to dive mode but then toggled out again. I kept getting air readings but it would not stay in dive mode. I tried to go the compass, same thing, would work for a few second then snap back out.
The dive log is crazy it looks like I was bouncing up and out every few seconds, and I have max depth of 256ft with a average depth of 35ft :) (note: dive did not exceed 40ft). The dive time and air consumption all seem fine. I shrugged and switched to my backup gauge and comp but not everybody would have this option...
I have some video of it acting weird, and the log.
Coming up I got back in dive mode but the depth reading was all wrong, I was literally 3 feet from the surface (as measured by the length of my buddy) and it was still telling me I was at 18ft.

Next dive I kept an eye on it and it performed flawlessly. Loose sensor or something? I'm wondering if I should send this in... I almost would have preferred it to have failed twice because then I could say 'ah hah' just broken.

-Griffon

Next dive I kept an eye on it and it performed flawlessly. Loose sensor or something? I'm wondering if I should send this in... I almost would have preferred it to have failed twice because then I could say 'ah hah' just broken.
-Griffon

Never had anyone else with this issue... if you send it in of course we're happy to diagnose the unit!

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom