Kaon not showing NDL time or 3 minute stop ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

99north

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a new Kaon and everything is set up ready to dive. Both times I have had it out so far,,,the NDL never shows any time allowance ??
It doesn't even tell you the 3 minute stop,,,,????
I have everything setup just as it says in the manual,,,the depth works and the time down works but the NDL doesn't show anything just 3 dashes

I haven't had it down past 50 feet yet....but that shouldn't matter, it should always show the allowed time down at that depth shouldn't it??

My Mares HD Icon shows an allowed time down for even 20 feet,,,,and starts right away.....

In dive planning it shows compute NDL,,,,,a screen with a bunch of depths and allowed times are shown,,,,should the deepest be picked to have the NDL show up??
if so do you have to do this every time>>>????

The dive shop isn't sure and I've emailed Liquivision and no reply yet??

HELP does anyone else own a Kaon
thanks
99north

I don't have a Kaon...

Are you sure it's not in "Gauge" mode?

On the Suunto D9 there is an option for "deep stops", if this is 'on' then the 3 minute safety stop is turned 'off'. Can't do both. May be worth checking if your computer has an option like that.

I have everything setup just as it says in the manual,,,the depth works and the time down works but the NDL doesn't show anything just 3 dashes

I haven't had it down past 50 feet yet....but that shouldn't matter, it should always show the allowed time down at that depth shouldn't it??

Assuming you don't have it in gauge mode, it sounds like you've been so shallow that the NDL is greater than the maximum which can be displayed, whatever that might be for the Kaon. The Shearwater handset for my Prism does the same. Neither my X1 or my Xeo when I had it displayed a safety stop count down. I'll take a look at the manual online later and see if I can find anything else.

Turn the unit on, go the the main menu, then Dive Planning, then Mode--that will tell you if it's set to Rec, Tec, or Gauge mode. (I'm puzzled by what you're describing--there's no NDL field in gauge mode, but it looks like both Tec and Rec modes have an automatic safety stop count down.)

Last edited:
I have a new Kaon and everything is set up ready to dive. Both times I have had it out so far,,,the NDL never shows any time allowance ??
It doesn't even tell you the 3 minute stop,,,,????

My Mares HD Icon shows an allowed time down for even 20 feet,,,,and starts right away.....

In dive planning it shows compute NDL,,,,,a screen with a bunch of depths and allowed times are shown,,,,should the deepest be picked to have the NDL show up??
if so do you have to do this every time>>>????

The dive shop isn't sure and I've emailed Liquivision and no reply yet??

HELP does anyone else own a Kaon
thanks
99north

If the NDL is more than 99 minutes it will show '---'. Which is what was happening to you.

The safety stop will never be shown unless you descend deeper than 30 feet, and then go back up. If your dive maxxes out at 29 feet, no safety stop will be shown. You can also test all this out in simulation mode if you want to be re-assured.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom