Anyone have a Lynx in Pinellas County or the Tampa Bay Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been looking at the lynx online for some time now. I'm currently diving a uwatec galileo. I like the Galileo for the most part but I have a hard time reading the screen in low light even with the backlight. That and the problem of frequent "signal lost" warnings have lead me down the path of at least investigating a replacement.

I see a few people mentioning signal loss on the lynx transmitter in Grifon's thread. Is that common, or a defective unit as the manufacturer claims? I'd love to hear from someone who dives a lynx regularly and has rarely or never lost transmitter signal.

I'd love to actually have a look in person at a lynx if anyone in the area has one.

What features are configurable? Clearly based on the thread I referenced, reserve gas is not (but hopefully will be in the future).

Does the transmitter work out of the water? I.e. can I get a reading on the boat, before I splash?

There is some sort of wireless PC interface referenced on the liquidvision site. Is it standard irda, or some proprietary interface?

Mr. Fattah's responsiveness here goes a long way to bolster my confidence in the company. I wish one of the 6 dive shops in my area sold the things. Liquidvision needs to hire a sales rep to go get some products on shelves.

I can't help with having a look ( unless you fly to Australia), however after 52 dives with a lynx so far;
Have not lost a signal yet during a dive.
Have had the lynx go into sleep mode a couple of times, between turning on on the boat, waiting for the group to get in, and descending. Both tapping to wake or descending, then holding you arm briefly near the transmitter, picked up the signal.

The transmitter works on the surface, though I haven't moved more than a couple of metres after pairing. To pick up the initial transmitter signal I found you need to move the lynx around slowly. Holding it still next to the transmitter doesn't work.

In the water the screen very easy to read in all conditions I have used, varying from shallow bright tropical water, to pitch black cave.

The only real disadvantage is it chews through batteries, but its quick and easy to change a battery.

Apart from the initial settup I have left most settings to the default.

Firmware updates have added some useful features.

The only issue you may have is the size of the lynx in comparison to the galileo, its smaller.

As a LiquiVision dealer I can tell you the company is fantastic to deal with. I do not dive a Lynx, but the response form my customers has been great. One review I received was, "The Liquivision Lynx Kicks Ass. It is small, bright and easy to read and use. It does everything but go diving for you." I'm not sure that helps, but I love the review!

LYNX Air Integrated Dive Computer

Back
Top Bottom