A couple of Questions about the Lynx before I buy..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Dubai

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I've already done a search through the threads but have a couple of questions/concerns before I invest...

Batteries: The ER17335M battery. Is this a Liquivison only battery or are they readily available? What is the shelf life of a disposable battery Again the same applies to the rechargeable version too.

I ask this as I live in the UAE and some things are hard to get...

Transmitters. A little confused by the T1 and T2. Has the T2 superseded the T1 or are they both available? If they are both available whats the difference and advantages or one over the other.

Has the readability in sunlight been solved yet? (Again in Dubai we get a lot of it!)

At the end of a dive can you easily see (or recall) your dive stats (remaining air, dive time, max depth?) I ask this because we can spend some time bobbing around on the surface under an SMB waiting for the boat pick up before we can hand our post dive stats in.

And now a general question.. having never used an AI computer before. I presume you remove your transmitter when you pack your kit up? Do you have to keep the LP blank screw or does the TX fit in such a way that you can remove it and your 1st stage is protected from water/dirt ingress?

Where's the best place to buy (need international shipping that also know that we in the UAE pay no sales tax :D Having difficulty locating somewhere that sells a kit, the charger and rechargeable batteries as well as the PC interface - apart from liquivison themselves..

Any other tips or hints for existing users would be welcome

Thanks in advance

Batteries are readily available, T2 has replaced the T1, I can read mine in the sun, dive info shows up in the surface mode but is easy to go into the log as well, Tx stays atteched to your 1st stage either screwed directly into it but I do recomend putting it on a 6" hose to avoid the potential impact on it. A dealer in the UAE may not charge you taxes but the taxes from the country of origin will be built into the cost when they offer it to you. There are links to the dealers in the Middle East on the Liquivision website but anyone should be willing to ship it to you for cost.

Liquivision Lynx Air Integrated Computer with Transmitter - $1,399.00 : The Gear Hoarderz, Bringing well built well priced SCUBA gear to the greater Victoria Region

Back
Top Bottom