LYNX Issues- Dive Splitting, Battery, DiveLog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuytles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
[h=2]Dive Splitting, Etc. Liquivision LYNX[/h]
Hello everyone.

I have a Liquivision LYNX.

Question #1: I am wondering- is there any way that I can keep it from splitting a dive into multiple dives?
For example, we frequent the BHB, a shallow shore dive- sometimes we dive as low as 5 ft and my computer will separate the time that I dive that shallow from the rest of my dive- as a separate dive in the log.

Question #2: I heard they were recently bought by Atomic. I tried accessing the divelog on my computer and my .lvd file must have been corrupted or something because it will no longer access my dive profile. I tried going to to the liquivision website to re-download the dive log software, however, all of the links are broken and there are no contact phone numbers for support? Does anyone know of any updates as far as support goes, given that they are changing ownership?

Question #3: Many local divers, including myself, have been having trouble with the "Change Battery" message. I tried three separate new (blue) liquivision batteries and none of them worked. I visited the dive shop where I bought it and the owner said many people were having issues with the "blue" liquivision batteries. So, he suggested I try an equivalent battery-not supplied by liquivision. It seemed to work at first, but died again within a few minutes. Anyone resolve this issue?

Sorry for the multiple questions. I am thinking of purchasing a bottom timer/ depth gauge since my computer has made me very nervous about reliability. Earlier this year, the transceiver stopped working r/t flooding issues (I bought it less than 6 months ago). Liquivision sent me their newly designed transceiver to fix the issue. Now with the battery issue, I just don't know what to do.
I know many experienced tech divers who recommend this company, but I'm starting to worry that I spent a lot of money on a computer that has many issues and virtually no customer support access.

I guess I could be wrong- perhaps this comes with buying the latest computer? I'm one of the lab rats to test out the bugs?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, everyone
icosm14.gif

---------- Post added May 20th, 2014 at 07:49 AM ----------

Update: I re-read the manual and have changed the battery (blue) to the white rechargeable battery. Haven't dove with it yet. Will post updates. But at least my unit is actually turning on.
Madly spent one hour last night manually updating all of my dives into Evernote for now in case I have to send my computer for any kind of repair.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are encountering.

We pride ourselves in having excellent customer service, and will continue to offer outstanding service as part of the Huish Group (to which Atomic belongs as well).
You can always reach us through the contact form on our website and usually Bret will respond to your email within 24, max 48h during the week.
Bret will also be able to help you with the issues you are encountering.

If you ever need to send your unit in for repairs we do our best to retrieve the dive logs ourselves before doing anything on/to your unit. Especially if one of the problems you are encountering is that the dive logs don't download, just include a note when sending the unit back in and we will work together on trying to retrieve your logs.

I hope this helps.

Brad, you can set the interval for how long it waits before it starts a new dive, I have mine set pretty generous at 10 minutes so we can take a look and visual heading (since the Lynx compass is awful) across the kelp, talk gas then drop back down to swim in. This keeps it a continuous dive.
Hope that helps, let me know if you can't find the setting, it's a little buried.

I recommend the rechargeable batteries. Both the transmitter and comp it the blues like candy. You do have to change the battery type though or things don't work right. Not sure if that helps, I have not seen that specific error.

Hope atomic brings in their ui guys :p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom