Liquivision Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuytles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone.
I had posted earlier this week regarding Liquivison Lynx problems including battery issues and software issues.

See previous post here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/liquivision/483372-lynx-issues-dive-splitting-battery-divelog.html

Battery: I did a shallow shore dive today (max 15 feet, avg depth 8 feet) for one hour and fifty minutes. Before the dive, I put in a new liquivision white rechargeable battery and it was in critical low charge by the end of the dive. ? Is this expected? I am worried because tomorrow I'm going on two 45 min. 60ft dives and am not sure I will be able to rely on the computer? Anyone have experience with this recently?

Software: It was suggested that I do a firmware update. Unfortunately, the mac link to the latest firmware is broken. ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added May 24th, 2014 at 11:59 PM ----------

Waiting on help from the liquivision support team....can only contact them via contact form submission on the website.

Hello,

The dive time you can expect from your battery greatly depends on the display settings of your unit. E.g. some display colours use up more battery power than others, if you have the refresh rate on high it will use up more power, same goes for the display brightness.
Usually with a fully charged battery that you freshly put into the unit you should get around 15 hours, so your experience is not what can be expected.
Please let me know your email address and Bret will get in touch with you to diagnose the issue.

You can find more information on battery options and on how to optimize battery life here: Liquivision : Scuba : Extras : Batteries for our Enlightened Series (Xen, Xeo and Kaon)

Which software download did you try and did not work?
The latest Lynx firmware can be found here, and the download seems to be working fine: Lynx Firmware History
If you tried another link that does not work please let us know and we will fix it.

Back
Top Bottom