Xen OLED screen DIMMING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freezerbrn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm the original owner of a Xen BT #0280 I as a buyer of the Xen not to long after they first came out on the market. I went thru all the short battery life issues and several firmware updates. Once all that got sorted out I found that this was a very nice item to use on dives. No complaints... Loved the Xen.

I noticed just recently that the OLED screen is very dim. Yes it's on the highest brightness. I can't read it at all on the surface and and barely readable on shallow 15' and above stops. It has now become a night time use only BT. Fresh battery installed only. i'm only two firmware updates from current version. Anyone else having issues? A few other divers I know have started noticing the same issue with Dimming.

Send them an email, they answer very fast. Forum are not after sale service.

And keep us posted, I'd like to know what's happening to your unit

I sent a email to LV on their website today. I'll post the reply or any assistance or lack of as soon as I hear back.

This is a very common problem. Unfortunately if your unit is out of warranty they will not take care of you other than offering a "discount" on w new computer. The company has been sold and they certainly are missing the boat with their existing customers.

Buy yourself of Shearwater Petrel - you will be never regret it.

Thank really bad, switching between high and medium brithnes isn't diference on screen dimming, sounds like Petrel is the way

I just bought the petrel... Kidsdream is very correct. A discounted price on a new unit that will dim again just after the warranty expires. I really really like the petrel so far. Offers so much, I can't wait to dive it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom