open source libdivecomputer project support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

griffon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What would it take to get LV to support the open source libdivecomputer project? As a customer (lynx) I really dislike having to import into the LV bare bones software only to then have to do computer gymnastics to get the data into other apps like subsurface, or online to scubaboard (diviac).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would it take to get LV to support the open source libdivecomputer project? As a customer (lynx) I really dislike having to import into the LV bare bones software only to then have to do computer gymnastics to get the data into other apps like subsurface, or online to scubaboard (diviac).

I'm confused, Subsurface is open source, why re-invent that particular wheel?

Yes but liquid vision is not supporting libdivecomputee project which provides the universal down loader that let's subsurface, Diviac, and many others directly get dives from most computers. I did read on the libdev mailer that there was an exchange but they didn't get what they really need to move forward adding LV support, and they can't just snif it because it's usb instead of a virtual port.

Last edited:
Just received a facebook note from a buddy. This is what he said.

Any LiquiVision divers out there? I just added Subsurface support for importing LVD files. Hopefully it will appear in the 4.3 release.
I could use additional log files to make sure I'm getting events like decompression and multiple pressure sensors correctly. Would anyone care to donate their logs?

Sadly, the lib guys still have gotten nowhere and never got exact specs from LV :(.

Talking to subsurface to maybe at least get log import.

Manufacturer support for LibDiveComputer project is one of the first criteria I look for when selecting a DC. A great shame that LV seem not to be playing game - why not? What have you got to lose (except customers)?

They have already done that.

Back
Top Bottom