Lynx is dead after attempting update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tri141

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just bought the Lynx and tried to update the software to v1.21 and it failed but the unit is dead. I took the batteries out and reinstalled. I am away in Cozumel diving with it for the first time and really would like to use it! any suggestions to restore or wake it back up would be appreciated. Tried running the loader again but the unit will not respond. Thanks

yes and even took it down to 85 feet to try and get it to turn on. I have a feeling the software was wiped during the firmware update. Emailed and called liquivision...

I find it ironic that I am posting in this thread again. The Irony is that tonight I attempted to update my lynx to v1.21 and it failed and now my lynx is bricked. It seems that I am experiencing the same issue the OP had. Tri141 what is the fix to this problem?

Update:
I was able to fix the issue. Originally I was using my Macbook to do the update. I decided to download the updater to my PC and was able to do the update successfully from my PC. Note that the Lynx was off and bricked when I started the update from the PC.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom