Sun Dancer Belize? anyone been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdoug1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Thinking about booking the Sun Dancer II (Peter Hughes in Belize) in early August. Anyone been on this itinerary in the past few years (did not find any on the search function). YES, I HAVE READ "NO SAFE HARBOR"! Also looking at the Belize Aggressor (a little more expensive).

Yeah, they're running a special that's like 400-500 off what last year's charter price is. They dropped Star Dancer's (Papua New Guinea) price by $900! So until that changes I'd do the Peter Hughes boat, plus I've heard the interior is a little nicer. Not to knock the Belize Aggressor, but I'd probably pick the Sun Dancer II if it was up to me especially with the price the way it is. Let us know how it goes and what you decide. Keep in mind, August is peak hurricane season (Aug-Oct)....if it was up to me, I'd go in June or July - you get good conditions and warm water, but the likelihood of hurricane's is slightly less. Just my 2 cents.....but as long as there is no tropical storms, you'll have a great trip.

Thanks for the responses, I cahanged my mind, and am going with Aggressor!

You won't be sorry. Capt Marc and his crew are fantastic and the boat is in great shape.

Some Belize Aggressor boat pictures here:

Belize Aggressor III - a set on Flickr

Now if I can just figure out a way to convince my wife and my boss that I need to go for a third 'once in a lifetime' trip this year.

Thanks for the responses, I cahanged my mind, and am going with Aggressor!

What week in Aug? we are signed up for Aug 7-14. If you book by 3/31 - Aggressor takes 400.00 off of any boat - till the end of the year I think. :D

I love the Belize Aggressor III. Been out on her twice and plan on many returns. Great crew. The Sun Dancer berths on the same pier (Radisson Hotel), is larger and does the same itinerary. Fly in the night before and stay at the Radisson, also book return Friday night in the Raddisson. The harbor is shallow and they turn off the air conditioning to prevent sucking up bottom mud into the vents. Trust me it gets stiffling aboard with no AC. Plus you are not rushed in the morning.

Jim

Hey everyone --

I will be on the Sun Dancer as well (mid-June) and am also looking for any type of info, reviews, etc about the trip/boat. This will be my first ever liveaboard. I am a brand new diver traveling alone but the price was too good to pass up. I've read EVERY review on here (and even some on the Aggressor trips) so any new knowledge someone could pass along would be great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom