Philippines Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hutt

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All,

Many thanks for taking the time to read!
I'm in Mactan for work for a week from next weekend and have from the 12th afternoon until the 16th (fly 17th) free.

I'll be on my own and am looking at going a single friendly destination (or a livebaord) to do some diving, but also relax, read, explore, drink and eat well hopefully meet others too.

Could you recommend a destination and accommodation & dive operator I could visit which would maximize my time? I was hoping to get on a liveaboard to tub reef - but unlikely with my short time frame. I've been to malapascua already so that's not somewhere I'd look to going.

Many thanks, I appreciate your recommendations!
Raz

Keep in mind I'm not a "Philippines guy" - aka....I've never been there. BUT...at the time of writing this there was a 2 spots on the Borneo Explorer for the 12th-19th. Then there was 4 spaces on the Pacific Explorer for the 13th - 18th. I know you fly on the 17th but if somehow you could pay the penalty and change your flight by even a day or two this might work for you - if your work paid the fee for the ticket they might not mind paying for it or offer to pay it to them and they might go for it and give you an extra day or two. Check out the website below, give their booking agent a call and see what you can swing. You never know! I've heard great things about diving in the Philippines, but I've also heard (like other 3rd world countries) of some rinky dink dive operations so definitely watch your back and dive safely as well as conduct yourself safely. Have a safe trip!

tubbataha_schedules - Liveaboard Scuba Diving in the Philippines and Palau

Thank you very much for your suggestions, I'm in touch and seeing if it's fesble with my time frame. fingers crossed!

Failing that, can you recomend a town/area/place/resort to spend the time in that's easy to get to from mactan so I get the most of my time on at the beach :)

many thanks again! :wink:

Well turns out I can't make the connecting flights :(
Thankyou for the suggestion on the Shangrila, a little out of my price range but very nice!

In reasonable travel distances, what's moalboal like or is it worth trying to get somewhere else?

Try to go south and go to Apo Island. Truely world class diving. Blew me away. Or Balicasag isn't bad, just of Bohol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom