Wind Dancer, Cocos Island....has ANYONE done this trip yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would be VERY curious to hear the impressions of ANY divers out there who have done the Wind Dancer since she's moved to Cocos Island......any takers? I'm well aware of the other liveaboards in the area, but for this thread I want to know about this specific vessel...

I believe she is still undergoing refurbishment and has not yet started operations to Cocos. Her first scheduled trip is July 8-16, 2010 and for this year she has only permits to operate 8 night trips with 5 dive days at the island, and in 2011 she will be offering 10 nights with 7 dive days at the island. She's a solid boat and no doubt she will find some experienced guides who know Cocos, but other than video I saw that made her look as though was at Cocos, I'm really not sure she has ever got there yet. I stand corrected if anyone is the wiser !

Hi again - I stand corrected. I just saw a post elsewhere on this forum and they mentioned that Wind Dancer had substituted for the Okeanos for 4 trispe arler thsi year while the Okeanos was being refitted. So it souinds like they have been there and the vidoe of their trip is genuine. As the Wind Dancer and Okeanos are closely allied to one another, its likely the expereinced guides of the Okeanos will from time to time appear on Wind Dancer. Many of the Cocos guides work for different boats at different times, a similar situation as in Galapagos where the dive guides tend to be free lance. So for the moment Wind Dancer is undergoing a refit herself before her first scheduled departure in July.

Back
Top Bottom