Nai'a Wetsuit - June/July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DSR-3

Contributor
Reaction score
'Going late June, and wondering if I need more wetsuit than my 3/2 full & beanie.
I've only done 1 LA before, in Turks & Caicos in August. I was using a loaner computer, so I have minimal temperature data from that trip. I made all 27 dives and did OK, but was a bit cool sometimes. I was alternating between an old 3/2 shorty w/a skin & the new 3/2 full suit. I guess I could put the shorty over the full suit? Or, do I go farther over-budget & buy a new 5mm or 7/5mm? Thanks for any comments.

'Going late June, and wondering if I need more wetsuit than my 3/2 full & beanie.
I've only done 1 LA before, in Turks & Caicos in August. I was using a loaner computer, so I have minimal temperature data from that trip. I made all 27 dives and did OK, but was a bit cool sometimes. I was alternating between an old 3/2 shorty w/a skin & the new 3/2 full suit. I guess I could put the shorty over the full suit? Or, do I go farther over-budget & buy a new 5mm or 7/5mm? Thanks for any comments.

When we went on The Nai'a in late June (winter) I was comfortable in a full 3mm w/3mm beanie on my head...others were wearing 5mm and some were wearing full hoods...and others were wearing everything from a skin to a full 7mm....my computer temp was between 77-79 I am cold natured and was chilled at the end of the afternoon dives at the end of the day but we were doing 4 dives a day....

this graph off of their website is not up to date but it will give you a pretty good idea of the water temps
Fiji Climate & Water Temperature

have fun I wish I was going back....great boat and an even greater crew...:)

When we went on The Nai'a in late June (winter) I was comfortable in a full 3mm w/3mm beanie on my head...others were wearing 5mm and some were wearing full hoods...and others were wearing everything from a skin to a full 7mm....my computer temp was between 77-79 I am cold natured and was chilled at the end of the afternoon dives at the end of the day but we were doing 4 dives a day....

this graph off of their website is not up to date but it will give you a pretty good idea of the water temps
Fiji Climate & Water Temperature

have fun I wish I was going back....great boat and an even greater crew...:)

Thanks PHD for the great reference. It looks like your data agrees with the chart, and I fear that I'l be "in the same boat":shakehead: re. getting cold in the afternoon/night. Not wanting to take any chances, I'll likely buy a cheapo 5mm- more camera gear is of no use if I'm too cold to dive... I can't wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom