Taking Liveaboard Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone,

With Nekton now officially being giant turd, I'm looking to replace my trip with them with a new trip. I'm open to suggestions, I've never done a liveaboard before and would appericate the help in picking out a company that will be in business come July :D

Thanks,
Dave

Ten days on the Undersea Hunter to Cocos Island will probably cost about what four Nekton trips would, and will be worth every cent.

I can highly recommend the Belize Aggressor III, the Cayman Aggressor IV and the Kona Aggressor. You will have a great time on any of these boats.

Hey everyone,

With Nekton now officially being giant turd, I'm looking to replace my trip with them with a new trip. I'm open to suggestions, I've never done a liveaboard before and would appericate the help in picking out a company that will be in business come July :D

Thanks,
Dave

If you're flying from Kansas you probably could get to Houston reasonably cheap. There are flights to the Caymans, Belize, and elsewhere from there. If you don't mind spending a bit more on a trip than you would have on the Nekton, then do the Aggressor Fleet or Peter Hughes Diving - both companies are a can't miss.

If you're traveling in July - I would try for Belize on the Peter Hughes Sun Dancer II - they discounted the price something like $600 off of what it was last year and it's a really nice boat apparently. I just did my first Peter Hughes trip on Star Dancer in PNG and I must say - they no how to keep it classy and fun! Why not make your dive vacation easy on yourself???

Hey everyone,

Thanks,
Dave

I assume you saw the posting by Explorer Ventures offering a good deal for customers that lost their deposit from Nekton:) http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cruises-liveaboards-charter-boats/333413-nekton-bad-news-17.html

any of the Aggressor boats or Peter Hughes boats will be around in July :)

If your schedule allows I would choose The Explorer if for no other reason to utilize their offer :)

I absolutely love diving with Blackbeards. The weeklong trip is very well priced, and tons of fun!

I would highly suggest, for your first liveaboard experience and the fact you are a newer diver:
Kona Aggressor.... Aggressor Fleet | The ultimate in live-aboards since 1984
Aquacat in Bahamas.... www.aquacatcruises.com

I would not do a liveaboard to Cocos or Galapagos or Soccoro at this point. Those trips are very intense diving is out far away. Those are not great trips for newer divers for many reasons.

robin

Aquacat doesn't have any room on the June 5-12 trip. Paradise Charter out of Fort Lauderdale will do a trip if we can find 4 more divers-anyone interested? They are giving a 10% discount if you were booked on a Nekton trip.

I don't know how far you're interested in going, but we had an absolutely incredible time on the MV Tala with Red Sea Explorers last October. It was a very comfortable (not luxurious, but comfortable) boat, with good food, but an absolutely incredible deck crew and superb dive guides. They milk the maximum fun out of every day's diving . . . and you can rent scooters, too! I thought it was surprisingly affordable, as well -- our fee was $1500 for a week of diving, although we paid extra for Nitrox (and doubles and helium and scooters, but that's another story :) )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom