Belize Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are booked on the Belize Aggressor III Aug 7 and there are only 4 divers at this time on the boat. I am concerned about the boat not going. I did call Aggressor and was told that the boat goes as promised - but I still am worried. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this happen?

thanks - Sandy

There have been several occasions when Aggressor Boats went out with a light load. I have read Captains Log submissions with as few as two divers (Utila last year I believe) on board. You are going to have a great time. The Belize Aggressor is my favorite boat with a great crew and great diving. Juan is a great divemaster.
If I may offer some advice for your trip. I always go down the day before and stay at the Georgetown Radisson. This allows for flight delays and eliminates the mad rush to get on the boat. The Belize Aggressor and the Sun Dancer tie up at the Radisson pier. The anchorage at the pier is shallow so the boat turns off it's supply pumps to keep them from getting clogged up with bottom debris. These same pumps run the air conditioning. My first trip on the BA III was in August and let me tell you it was stifling hot in the staterooms at night, almost everyone slept out on deck which wasn't much better. We learned a lesson. On the return stay most definitely stay at the Radisson Friday night. On the way in Friday we packed our gear, checked into the Hotel upon docking, had a nice shower, met everyone for dinner, slept in air conditioned comfort, didn't have to worry about getting rushed off the boat in the early AM, headed to the airport at 1 instead of hanging out at the airport from 9 to 1. Have a great trip.

August is a great time and one of the driest months. It is slow because people think it is hurricane season, but most of their storms come later in the season. You will have a great time it is also my favorite boat and time of year there:wink:

Both times I went out on BAIII,there were at least 3 or 4 divers that signed on at the last minute. August is still a long way away too.

You'll have a great time. The boat is comfortable and the crew are great.

Hi Doubler,
Just FYI the Sun Dancer II does not shut off its A/C when on dock. The issue with SDII is that the A/C heat exchangers use sea water and the shallow water gets warm in the sunshine meaning the the heat exchange is less efficient.
Occasionally the intake gets clogged, but it is a quick job to sort this out.

Further SDII guests that have a later flight on the Saturday leave their bags aboard and can laze by the pool at the Radisson. The crew then bring the bags down to meet them at the appointed transfer time.

How do I know???
I am the Captain!

Kind regards
Simon

Captain,
I have never been on the SD II all I can say is that on all my trips on the BAIII this was the case. The AC units in the cabins were shut off and I was told it was because the intake pumps fouled. Not a real problem and if it were my boat I would do the same. What i have learned from this is I always come down a day before and check off the boat on Friday, less hassle more relaxing.

I will confirm the A/C didn't seem a problem when the SDII was docked. Been on it 3 times, always stayed Friday night on board, and at least one Saturday night when it didn't depart until early Sunday, and A/C was no problem. (And we're pretty fussy about that.) Not that this helps if you are on the Aggressor but just to say it's not a problem for everyone.

A/C was not a problem either time I was on BAIII. I could see that they could have a problem if the tide was really low because both the BAIII and the SD are inches from a mud bottom during low tide at the Radisson dock.

The last time I went (December) they kept our luggage and gave us bracelets so that we could hang out in the Radisson pool while waiting for our flight.

Back
Top Bottom