I'm Dying Here in Anticipation (Help!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianOrange

Contributor
Reaction score
I am dying of anticipation for my trip on the Peter Hughes Sun Dancer in Belize in just over two weeks. I have read EVERY thread on here about Belize and the boat.

Help me pass the time -- give me some new insights, long lost reviews that you never got around to wriring (I've even read reviews on other boards), pictures, advice, more insights, anything! I can't wait any longer.

I am dying of anticipation for my trip on the Peter Hughes Sun Dancer in Belize in just over two weeks. I have read EVERY thread on here about Belize and the boat.

Help me pass the time -- give me some new insights, long lost reviews that you never got around to wriring (I've even read reviews on other boards), pictures, advice, more insights, anything! I can't wait any longer.
Fortunately it's now the "Dancer Fleet" Sun Dancer, but since it's already hurricane season when you're going, here's some sage advice: If you hear there's a hurricane approaching and the captain assures you that you'll be just fine staying on the boat, swim as fast as you can toward the nearest land.

Good luck!

Half Moon Caye - best dive of the trip

Highlight of one of my trips on a liveaboard to Belize was a pod of dolphins that swam up to the boat as I was hanging on the bar under the boat. They came in took a quick spin around myself and my buddy and took off. Managed to get one out of focus shot of one - just moving faster than the camera could change focus.

Every once in a while have a look out into the deep - best shot of the week was my buddy catching an eagle ray swimming by behind everyone else with their noses on the walls.

Nice diving - have fun.

I don't recall the divesite, but there are a bunch where the wall starts at about 30 feet. On one, we were swimming around the top of the wall looking in crevices and stuff when I saw one of the largest Southern Rays I'd ever seen. She must've been 4 feet wide. As I swam over her she pulled up out of the the little sand chute she was in and headed towards the edge of the wall.

As I reached the wall, I looked over the side into the blue just in time to see perhaps 20 Eagle Rays, all in formation within maybe 20 feet of me as then they continued onward parallel to the wall.

Just another dive in Belize I'd say.

Well, Simon, just in case he fails to answer let me say that Peggy and I had a GREAT time earlier in the month!

I returned with some photos of Elacatinus lobeli, a goby species only described in 2009 and known to be in the region extending from Roatan to Belize. Not in the book and no common name yet. Identified for me by folks connected with Reefnet.

There's lot to see out in that big ocean! I only wish we'd started looking 20 yrs ago.

Regards,
Larry

So Brian... did you have a good time with us???

Simon

Simon, I had an unbelievable time. Wish I was still on board with you guys. The entire boat, which starts with you, was professional, warm, funny and accomodating. The diving was excellent, the food was great, the rooms were clean and the AC worked great. We had a great group of other divers too which made it even better. I was very comfortable all week as a single, relatively inexperienced diver too. Felt right at home.You run a fantastic boat and I am already planning my next liveaboard, hopefully with you guys!

PS -- Glad you made it out of Tropical Storm Alex safely. I think we all made it out just in the nick of time. I know I did.

PPS -- Sorry about your football team. The US didn't do much better. I am rooting for the Dutch now!

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom