Explorer Venture's Crazy Insane Special

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brodydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't see this posted yet. Explorer Ventures is having a great special.

It's Here! Crazy Insane Special!
2 for the price of 1 - SAVE $947.50 to $1,247.50 per person!
Saba/Statia/St. Kitts - Sept 18-25; Oct. 2-9; Nov 27-Dec 4, 2010
Turks & Caicos - Aug.7-14; Oct 16-23 & Nov 20-27, 2010.
You have until close of business Friday, June 25, 2010 to book & deposit your trip.

I would have done the T&C trip if the dates were not Thanksgiving!

Just returned from Saba in May

We opted for Saba because it's the only Caribbean trip we have not been on with them and also as you said the other Nov trip to Turks was Thanksgiving. I did thouroughly enjoy Turks and Caicos with them though.

How was your trip to SABA? Was it with them or a land based trip?

Land based for 8 days.
Dove with Sea Saba and stayed at the Cottage Club.
Nothing but good things to say about the entire trip.

Some posters prior to my trip implied that Sea Saba does somewhat less difficult dives than some other operators on the island. Our checkout dive was 110 feet so I don't really know how true that is.

I will say that they were very aware of who was on the boat and steered the boat to appropriate dive sites. My daughter and I did three dives a day everyday (most people only did two dives)

What we experienced was: Our morning dives were with a very experienced group of divers from Europe and the diving was advanced. The afternoon dive was a leisurely 40 - 65 foot deep reef dive with very new or very inexperienced divers. YMMV!

I had zero issues with the dive operation or with the Cottage Club.

After visiting, I would agree that it is not a dive locale for a new diver - it is a locale that should be on a diver's bucket list!

I'd have to define "insane" as free... :)

but otherwise, yes, I saw this too and it was a fantastic special. From CA it looks like $700 a piece to fly there and $2K for the boat so for $3400 you have a great liveaboard trip.

Back
Top Bottom