Scubacation Trip Plan help needed for Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goducks96

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have been scouring the internet for the last couple weeks for a liveaboard for Nov 18-23 in Indonesia. It seems there are more dive sites than a sane person can choose from...especially when there are dates, finances, and whatnot to consider. I'm open to staying on land and doing day trips, but I really enjoy the early morning dives.

I am an Advanced Certified diver, but still relatively new to scuba (45+/- dives; crazy efficient with breathing but need some work on buoyancy control). I will be travelling solo and would love to dive Raja Ampat, Lembeh, and about 50 other places. Unfortunately I'm finding that most Raja Ampat liveaboards are 9+ days and I don't have that kind of time or flexibility due to work here in KL and a prebooked flight back home to the US. ANY help would be appreciated as I really want to get this trip booked ASAP!

I think Black Manta does 7 day trips at Raja but if you mean this November, you are probably out of luck.

For a short trip Bali is a great choice, with Nusa Penida, and Tulamben both easily to get to. Nusa Penida offers great reefs, chances at seeing Mola Mola, and Manta's. Then you can go Tulamben for the wreck and great muck/reef diving. Or give give Lembeh/Bunaken a try. Lembeh's muck isn't for everybody but I Love it and am going back for a third time in two weeks:D. And Bunaken's walls/reefs are nice also.

There are shorter Komodo liveaboards that depart out of Labuan Bajo, if your really itching for a liveaboard.

Raja liveaboards book up sometimes a year in advance. I have already booked a Nov 2015 crossing trip from Ambon to Sorong on the black manta, then I'm doing a trip in Raja. Could be the trip a lifetime.

Greetings goducks96,

Manado is an international airport, making for an easy stopover. Bangka Island and its surrounding dive sites offers the best of both worlds, wonderful macro subjects; 4 kinds of Pygmy seahorse's, winged pipefish, frogfish, Boxer crabs...the list goes on! Plus the reefs are covered in a kaleidoscope of colorful soft corals and sea fans with pinnacles and hard coral reef tops. Murex Bangka is a small moderately priced resort situated on a white sandy beach on Bangka Island. With new dive boats, a casual atmosphere and international clientele it's a perfect place for divers to relax and talk about your dives after a great day of doing what we love best. After a couple days on Bangka head over to Murex Manado for some great wall dives like dirtfarmer suggests. Or Lembeh Strait for some excellent excellent muck diving with Critters@Lembeh at Lembeh Resort.

Wherever you choose to stay we hope you enjoy your time in Indonesia. It's a beautiful country with friendly people and AMAZING diving!

Thanks for the follow-up. Please tell us more about your trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom