Dive Tool, To Bring or Not To Bring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Tiburon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, going on Norwegian Sea April 30 to March 7, I'm bringing my own scuba gear but one question is bothering me. What is the policy with dive tools, are you allowed to bring them on the ship? If you bring it on the ship and go scuba diving will they confiscate it when trying to reboard ship? If they confiscate it will they return it at the end of the cruise? Or should I just bring the shears? Dive safe, Mundo

Better off with just the shears. We didn't have any problem with them on our Celebrity cruise last month. You could email the cruise line directly and ask their policy. At best, they're going to take them from you when you reboard after diving and return them later.

Folks,

The rule now is: hand it over on boarding. Pick it up when you go out to dive. Hand back over when you come back.

They're very good about having it ready for your use. Just don't forget to get it back on final debarkation.

Rob Davie

Bigjet is right. We just got back from the Sea a few weeks ago. After our first dive on reboarding they took our knives. They were available at each port for the remainder of the cruise when we dove and wanted them. They were then ready to pick up from the information desk the day of disembarkation at Houston.

Where do you plan to dive?

We dove at Cozumel, Roatan and Belize while skipping Cancun. Wished we hadn't skipped Cancun.

Have fun...

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'm taking a small, blunt tip, bcd attached dive tool instead of the leg attached, titanium expensive tool. In case I forget and leave it behind, it won't be such a great losss. I'm doing 2 tank dive in Turneffee Atoll, Belize, captain's choice dive in Cozumel and reef shark dive in Roatan. Cancun I chose not to dive and spend the day with the wife and kids horseback riding on the beach. On the dives I'm solo, the wife and kiddies don't dive. Mundo

Dive Safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom