Cayman Aggressor Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cobra852:
Can anyone give me some insight on how things work on the Cayman Aggressor, did you enjoy the trip, etc...

Going on the Cayman Aggressor the end of June so I will let you know. It will be my 4th Aggressor trip. For me, it's the best way to dive. Not cheap, but they really take care of everything.

I haven't done on the Cayman Aggressor yet either, but I do know that the boat will go to the Brac and Little Cayman, weather permitting. The diving on Little Cayman would probably be the best of the trip. Hope you can make it there.

A friend spent a week on it last August, other then weather issues, she loved it.

Cobra852--My husband and I were on the Cayman Aggressor the end of August, about 10 days before the hurricane hit. We were fortunate to have good weather so were able to do the crossing to Little Cayman and Brac...although it was a bit rough for 6+ hours during the crossing. The staff, service and food were top notch and other passengers who had been on other Aggressor liveaboards assured us the Cayman experience was excellent. Sometimes the weather doesn't allow the crossing to the smaller islands where the diving is definitely better. It had been 10 years since I had dove Cayman from land based resorts prior to going on the Aggressor. I was disappointed in the health of some of the sites we dove on the Aggressor near Grand Cayman...quite a bit of dead coral and coral bleaching (as compared to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, etc.) but there were also some spectacular dive sites in other locations further from GC. We were participating in an underwater digital photography workshop on the Aggressor so we tended to focus our dives on selected areas at each site rather than trying to cover the gamut of everything available.

We found the Aggressor staff to be very service oriented, safety conscious, personable and they provided very thorough dive briefings. It was an excellent experience/value and we highly recommend it to others! I know these are general comments, however, if you have specific questions....ask away and I will try to answer them.

Karen

pedersenkj:
Cobra852--My husband and I were on the Cayman Aggressor the end of August, about 10 days before the hurricane hit. We were fortunate to have good weather so were able to do the crossing to Little Cayman and Brac...although it was a bit rough for 6+ hours during the crossing. The staff, service and food were top notch and other passengers who had been on other Aggressor liveaboards assured us the Cayman experience was excellent. Sometimes the weather doesn't allow the crossing to the smaller islands where the diving is definitely better. It had been 10 years since I had dove Cayman from land based resorts prior to going on the Aggressor. I was disappointed in the health of some of the sites we dove on the Aggressor near Grand Cayman...quite a bit of dead coral and coral bleaching (as compared to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, etc.) but there were also some spectacular dive sites in other locations further from GC. We were participating in an underwater digital photography workshop on the Aggressor so we tended to focus our dives on selected areas at each site rather than trying to cover the gamut of everything available.

We found the Aggressor staff to be very service oriented, safety conscious, personable and they provided very thorough dive briefings. It was an excellent experience/value and we highly recommend it to others! I know these are general comments, however, if you have specific questions....ask away and I will try to answer them.

Karen
I did the First cayman Aggressor in 1988 a long time ago. But one thing has not changed. If you want to do the best dive sites in Little Cayman you cant do them on a
liveaboard. The best dive sites can only be done on much smaller Boats! This is due to there moring regulations.

Cobra852:
Can anyone give me some insight on how things work on the Cayman Aggressor, did you enjoy the trip, etc...
I did the trip back in November of 2002. It's a good boat with a good crew. A typical day has a two morning dives, two afternoon dives, and a night dive.

The guest rooms have a TV and VCR in them. IIRC, beer and cold drinks were available in a cooler. But your first drink of the day was your last dive of the day (usual live-aboard policy).

The dive deck is nice and roomy. They also had a nice size camera work area on the dive deck.

We were pinned down by weather and couldn't make the crossing to Little Cayman or Cayman Brac. We spent the trip diving around Grand Cayman. I'll probably go back again sometime when there's a better chance of getting to the other islands.
Luke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom