Mayaguana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reeldive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any one doing the Mayaguna trip with Nekton? We did the exploratory in April of this year. it was great!!! Just booked for 27 Feb - 6 MAr 2010.

We are hoping to do the April 3rd trip.

On a side note, I flew out to Mayaguana right after DEMA to explore the possibility of opening another dive shop (in another year or two). I did not get a chance to dive as it was a very brief trip, but had a great time on the island. The people were very friendly and the water was amazingly clear (from the air).

We are hoping to do the April 3rd trip.

On a side note, I flew out to Mayaguana right after DEMA to explore the possibility of opening another dive shop (in another year or two). I did not get a chance to dive as it was a very brief trip, but had a great time on the island. The people were very friendly and the water was amazingly clear (from the air).

To bad you didn't get a dive or two in. The diveing is amazing! Prestine reefs and lots of life both big and small. We did exclusively live boat dives as we were voting on spots to put in morring pins. Saw a lot of reef in just a few days.

To bad you didn't get a dive or two in. The diveing is amazing! Prestine reefs and lots of life both big and small. We did exclusively live boat dives as we were voting on spots to put in morring pins. Saw a lot of reef in just a few days.

Hopefully I'll be able to go on the April 3rd trip and see it for myself. I was only "on island" for about five hours and had to fly out so there was no chance to dive. The current developer on the island has promised to resurface the runway and they look to be building a number of resorts and housing developments on the island. They are interested in adding a dive resort and asked me to check out the property. I am intrigued with the possibility.

I have not officially booked for June 3rd (I have to see how my new shop manager works out first), but I hope to go then. Please let us know how it goes!

I have spent time on my own boat diving various locations there.There is some great diving. Also there are more old ship wrecks there than most people realize. Lots of cannons on the bottom, cannon balls, shot cansisters, etc. You will love it there.

I used to line on Exuma Island in the Exumas, Bahamas, and ran a dive boat. When I was not running the dive boat I was cruising the S. E. Bahamas on my own boat and exploring and diving.

I have spent time on my own boat diving various locations there.There is some great diving. Also there are more old ship wrecks there than most people realize. Lots of cannons on the bottom, cannon balls, shot cansisters, etc. You will love it there.

I used to line on Exuma Island in the Exumas, Bahamas, and ran a dive boat. When I was not running the dive boat I was cruising the S. E. Bahamas on my own boat and exploring and diving.

I used to work on a liveaboard that was based in George Town, Exuma. I absolutely loved the diving in that part of the Bahamas (Conception, San Sal, Rum Cay, Long island). Two of my favorite dive sites of all time are the blue holes accross Elizabeth Harbor just off Stocking Island (Angelfish Hole and Hole in the Wall). I can't wait to check out Mayaguana.

Ever dive Hog Sty? or The Inaguas? I was raise in the Islands inluding Inagua and Haiti. In the 50's. Dove Hogsty twice, jun 2005 on the Nekton's Cashalot and again in August 2008 with Blackbeard. Fantactic Wall and wrecks galor. As a 12 year old in the 50s on Greater Inagua we were in the water constantly , plastic lens mask and voit duck feet - no snorkle. Looking foward to Mayaguna in Feb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom