Blackbeard's Nassau versus Freeport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

handben

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sorry to cross post, I accidentally posted this in the cruise marketplace yesterday and didn't get any replies. It was in the wrong forum. Here goes again -

I have been out twice with Blackbeard's in the past (1987 and 2007) both times were basically centered around Bimini (though departing from Miami the first time and Freeport the second). I am thinking of going on another trip this summer with my brother and my son and would like to try their Nassau departure to the Exumas. I understand that they did this itinerary in the past and are restarting it in May. I'm interested in hearing folks feedback about the diving in this area. For what its worth, in my opinion the diving around Bimini is hit or miss. Many of the dives have a large amount of dead coral and not so much fish life. I liked the diving better on the last trip off of Grand Bahama island at the start and end of the trip; but also enjoyed the wall dives on the edge of the Gulf Stream. I feel luke-warm about repeating that trip. Thanks for the opinions that I know are sure to follow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom