Trip report - Island Safari II Royal Maldives January 16-23,2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coombsm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
WOW! That it all I have to say. I just had the pleasure from January 16-23rd, 2010 of going on the liveaboard trip of a lifetime to the Maldives.

I booked this ship on a whim from maldivesliveaboards.com and it was a good decision. I went there as a fairly new diver with AOW certification and 25 logged dives.

The ship the Island Safari II Royal was a lovely ship, 110 foot newly built in 2007. Sleeps about 20. had 18 on the trip. The rooms where roomy and clean, linen changed daily and fresh towels. Ensuite bathroom in each room. Cleaned daily as well.

The Crew of 10 where top notch, my dive master Jeff was a Maldivian native with 10,000 plus dives logged. Safety was always a top priority and because of his experience all dives where safe and if the current was to strong they would go to another site to dive.

All diving was done from a secondary Dhoni boat some sites where 20 mins from where the boat was anchored.

For a new diver I was lucky, we did 18 dives in the 7 days and saw Manta rays, Whale sharks, black-tip and white tip sharks (lots) and hammerheads. Amoung the hundreds of other fish that are in the Maldives. Lets not forget the ocean temperature of 28 degrees celcius.

Most dives had slow currents with the exception of 1 dive on the last day which turned out to be a high speed drift dive.

The food on the ship was excellent, great buffett style meals, a mixture of asian, maldivian and western meals. Also we had one island beach dinner that was a nice touch as well mid-week.

I payed $1750 US for the trip including all diving, tanks, weights, coffee, water and all food and accomodation. I would rate this boat as a 4 star boat at minimum.

I would highly recommend this ship to anyone searching a liveaboard in the Maldives. Excellent ship, crew and world class diving for a good price.

coombsm,
welcome to this board.
thank you for the trip report.
i'll never forget my trip to the maldives.
the maldives are a very special place.

With that kind of trip the rest of your dive career is probably going to suck in comparison. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom