Liveaboard Advice - Australia, Indonesia, Thailand?

Which liveaboard destination offers most bang for the buck?

• Australia - Cod Hole, Ribbon Reefs, Lizard Island

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Indonesia

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Thailand

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cimiboni

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm a newly certified diver looking to ramp up my skills and certification level right away. I I also happen to be on a trip around the world, currently in Australia and heading west. There are standby rate offers here on 7-day, 26-dive trips to the Coral Sea, Ribbon Reef, and Lizard Island, but I will be heading to Indonesia and then Thailand in March. Budget is an issue, so I'm hoping to get some advice on comparative bang for the buck liveaboards in these three locales. I don't need luxury accommodations, just interested in quality, safe diving experience that provides the best value. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

We would not say that you would not have a great time diving in the Coral Sea, but you may find some even better budget trips in Indonesia or Thailand
We suggest looking at Blue Marlin Divers in Indonesia based in the Gili islands off of Bali. You can stay on there at a very reasonable cost on a beautiful littile island and if you have not done so take your advanced and nitrox courses which will help you to be able to do the kind of diving you are looking to do. The diving around Gili is quite good and the island is beautiful and has great atmosphere. You then could take a trip on the Blue Marlins Live-a-board to Komodo, one of the great dive sites in the world and there boat though basic is very comfortable with a great crew. We believe you can do a 7 day trip for well under $2,000 US. Google Gili island accomodations and you will find all kinds of great budget rooms besides Blue Marlin.
You can also find some good prices for diving the Simila Islands in Thailand, would also suggest the dive training in Thailand for the price.
For a comprehensive list of live-a-boards in both Thailand and Indonesia and there prices you should look at Dive The Worlds website.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom