Do you do all the dives?

When you do a liveaboard, how many dives do you do?

• Skip most of them and work on your tan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2O Gal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys-
I'm curious to see what prevails here on diving on liveaboards--I've done one and I felt like I had to do them all because I'm sorta cheap and wanted to get my money's worth, and wondered if I was the only one like that. I'm doing another one in June and wanted to see what the rest of y'all do....

Please share why you chose what you did, and thanks!

Yes, I typically do all of them on live aboards (I have been on 4 of them to date). I also did 42 dives in 10 days even when land based in Malaysia. I look at it this way,... I'm there to dive, so that's what I 'm going to do.

Unless I have an "unplanned event" I'm packing in all the dives I can!

On my last trip my stage was inadvertantly swapped mid-dive to an AL80... for which I was not weighted... and it was a sandy bottom... no rocks around and my insta-buddy/DM ditched me. I was already on the limit with end of dive weight as I was diving Double AL80's to begin with... I swam down for a bit but in the end gave-in and had a reduced stop. I sat the last dive out with no Ill affects.

Last edited:
I'll do them all unless I start to get cold toward the end of the week, which makes it tempting to skip a couple of night dives.

From 0-100 dives I would dive at every opportunity.
One of my logs from an early live-aboard indicates dives at 02:00AM, 06:00AM, 09:00AM, 11:00AM, 02:00PM 04:00PM, 08:00PM. :wink:
Once I got past 300 dives I started being much more selective.

Dry Tortuga trip I sat out the last dive each day , 5 a day were enough for me on my first liveaboard, and only 38 dives .. the surface conditions were described as pretty intense and the last 2 dive day dives were canceled

Same, same.. Depends on the dive site, but on my most recent LA (last week), I opted out of the last two dives on the final day. This also allowed me to fly home earlier. 4 a day can wear you down a bit over several days.

i'll blow four tanks a day but will let the night dive slide.
i try to protect my thermal core.

I've been known to skip the last afternoon dive, to do the night dive. And I've had to sit out a few with gear issues.

I find that three dives a day is enough, if it's going on day after day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom