Caribbean liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwbarpilot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
does any one know of a Caribbean liveaboard that dives from Zodiac tenders instead of right from the main vessel?

Cuan Law does - that boat is so big I don't think they can take it in to some of the shallower moorings in the BVI's without displacing other yachts. And it's kind of too tall to jump off the back with gear. Nice thing about that is they bring the tenders in between the hulls so they're often in calm water as you board. >British Virgin Islands Diving: Custom Dive Boats

I think Freedom does also though being a smaller boat they could also moor at some of the BVI sites directly. Holidays | Tourism | Virgin Islands sailing vacations | Sailboat Virgin Islands.

Why?

Just out of interest kwbarpilot, why do you ask? About the only thing that I dislike about a liveaboard cruise is the need to get in and out of a tender or a dinghy, especially if the latter do not have ladders. It is so much nicer to do the giant stride off the dive deck of the main boat.

I hope to dive Raja Ampat Indonesia someday,and all of the liveaboards there use tenders.i want to see what it's like to get into one of those things from the water before I travel all that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom