Reputable resources for last minute liveaboard deals???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW_DiverDude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I suspect that there is some really good information here on SB somewhere about the best reputable online resources to find great deals on last minute liveaboard opportunities but after searching for quite a while and reading too many posts that did not actually have what I was looking for, I am asking that some of you provide resources that you know and trust for myself and others to use.

There are countless websites of course that claim to offer heavily discounted last minute deals on various liveaboards but who knows which ones are truly legitimate (some of you do thankfully).

As for locations and time frame, fortunately I am pretty flexible but my first go-to for a liveaboard is always the South Pacific. Baja is good too since it is reasonably close to my home base. This September (I did say last minute) and October are my preferred travel months to round out this years warm water diving.

Thank you all in advance!

I've booked trips with premier liveaboard diving, and found them to be great. Not last minute bookings for me but they do have last minute deals.

I've done 3 last-minute (<1 month to 10 days) deals (all solo);
Turks & Caicos Aggressor-found a single spot here on SB from a TX diveshop trip. Very Good Deal & Diving!
Nai'a (Fij)- found by mail/calls to the main office. Excellent deal & diving!
Komodo Dancer- found on SB as sold by Aqua Marine Diving Bali*. Unbelievable deal & awesome diving!
*The only time I have used an agent for any trip. They were great to work with and very valuable.

I would/will also consider a Bali dive safari, or maybe another Anilao trip- both can be done relatively cheaply.

Have fun!

Thank you all so far - several good suggestions for potential trips in the future. Nothing available yet in September that fits the bill so additional suggestions are requested from other divers, dive shops, and dive travel agents.

You can also find all the Aggressor/Dancer openings for your timeframe here: Aggressor Fleet Reservations and Contact information

For Baja, it looks like whoever has booked Rocio Del Mar (Joe Ford) on 9/13 has space. Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard - Midriff Islands Schedule - Rates

Easy trip, you fly into Phoenix and take their shuttle down to the boat for $125 r/t.

How do you feel about the Maldives October 12th? - $300 off. Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving: Specials

It's the only week they've still got availability. Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving: Availability

In my experience if you go direct to the liveaboard company they will inform you of their current offers and maybe you can negotiate something extra if its really close to the date. Its also more likely their website availability is showing the most up to date info on spaces.

Some of the above listed sites operate as agents / tour operators and receive commission on your booking. Whilst useful for comparison of many different options- if you go direct you may get that little bit extra and personal service with it.

Thank you DiverSteve,

As it turns out I did inquire about the Baja trip on Rocio Del Mar on September 13th but even though the web site says to call Joe Ford, he informed me that the boat is actually fully booked already. Too bad - I probably would have taken that opportunity.

As for the $300 off for Maldives - just not enough of a discount to justify the cost for me to get their. When I took advantage of a last minute deal on a live aboard in Palau a couple years ago, the cost of the live aboard was less than $1000. I would do that again in a heartbeat.

I have also looked at deals for the Aggressor fleet - nothing fits so far (either dates or cost, depending).

My search continues...

You can also find all the Aggressor/Dancer openings for your timeframe here: Aggressor Fleet Reservations and Contact information

For Baja, it looks like whoever has booked Rocio Del Mar (Joe Ford) on 9/13 has space. Rocio Del Mar Liveaboard - Midriff Islands Schedule - Rates

Easy trip, you fly into Phoenix and take their shuttle down to the boat for $125 r/t.

How do you feel about the Maldives October 12th? - $300 off. Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving: Specials

It's the only week they've still got availability. Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving: Availability

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2014 at 02:02 PM ----------

Thank you Wingy for your suggestion. I did review everything that Divetheworld.com has listed this past weekend and unfortunately even with the extensive list they provide, a match for my availability and/or rates is not in alignment. I will check their site from time to time to see if something opens up.

If you wanted Fiji - the Siren Fleet have trips in your time frame (16-26 Sept or 27 Sept -04 Oct) their website states 30% off if booked by 31st August but I'm sure they would honour that now given there are a few spots remaining, you might even get a little more.... Siren Fleet Specials

Back
Top Bottom