3 1/2 days away from my departure for Papua New Guinea on the Febrina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewaiea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
PLEASE excuse me showboating and having next to no point for this thread.....with the exception of...

I will be providing a very detailed trip report up to date for the Febrina diving north New Britain Island, Papua New Guinea. This will be my second time there and in 2010 (my first trip), I dove the same area but on the Star Dancer. My girlfriend is coming with me and we are taking 4 days afterwards in Australia to visit wine country - Hunter Valley (just north of Sydney). Trip report to come by end of October.

Give me 3 1/2 more weeks and I will provide a multi-part trip report that should include photos of the diving, the boat, and if you'd like I could also take photos and report back on wine country in Australia and being able to fly business elite class on Delta from Minneapolis-LAX-Sydney and back.....I've cashed in my award miles for this trip so I spent next to nothing (not really much "money" - just miles) on airfare to get across the Pacific - only to fly from Sydney-Cairns-Port Moresby-Hoskins. I will also provide feedback on hotel stays for overnights or extended stays. That should include - Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, Airways Hotel in Port Moresby, Walindi Resort (planning 2 nights/3 days there), short overnight in Brisbane at a little airport hotel, the Radisson Hotel on Darling Harbour in Sydney, and the Bimbadeen Mountain Retreat for two nights in wine country. So if any of you are interested in knowing a little about that part, please let me know.

This will be my 5th liveaboard trip - it will be my girlfriend's first. She has dove Palau once with a friend and lived short time in Guam. Prior trips to compare this to (for me) are Kona Aggressor II, Star Dancer (Papua New Guinea), Tropic Dancer (Palau) and Wind Dancer (Cocos Island). I've never repeated a dive destination before, but my PNG trip in 2010 was flat out life changing. The diving fits exactly what my preference would consist of.....beautiful offshore reef pinnacles with great muck diving inshore, warm water (wetsuits optional), very little current and (God willing) calm seas. I just had to do it again - this time sharing it with a loved one.

Happy October diving all!

#1 Look at this trip as a new adventure rather than in comparison to first trip. First trips are always lifetime experiences because so many things are new. It's very difficult to get that whole experience again. Bringing someone new who has no experience there will help. And help carry all your junk at the airport!

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom