Getting a Scubaboard Group to go...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was toying with the idea of trying it if I decide that I like the Blackbeard's boat of trying to get a group of local/scubaboard members and doing a half booking as a cheap just go have fun trip but I would want to have been diving or familiar with the operator or location before leading a trip. But I do know that there is a group getting together for a Spree trip next year but it looks like that will conflict with a class for me next year.

In addition to Spree4All July 2015, The SB Philippines Invasion 2016 has an optional 3rd week aboard Atlantis Resort ' liveaboard.

We are always open to suggestions. Where would YOU like to dive?

The upcoming Spree trio looks to be more advanced then my skill level at this point.
The SB Phillipines trip sounds like a blast, just can't talk the wife into a 2 week scuba trip. :(
Would be interested in a Bahama or Cayman live aboard w/ SB folks.

I will be doing my first liveaboard a week from tomorrow on Blackbeards. Now that Southwest flies to the Bahamas, it is very cheap. My round trip from Baltimore to Nassau...$300 regular price ($99 with points).

I'll keep that in mind when I start looking for a flight. I'm on Blackbeard's Nov 2015.

Hi all,
I too am looking into this, or at least toiling around with the idea. I will be in September in Cairns and I am looking into a 3/4 day LiveAboard there to the GBR.
I will be travelling alone (well, for the LiveAboard) and find it a waste to take a room all for myself. So thinking of hooking up with 1 or 3 divers to take a 2/4 bed room to keep the (high!) costs manageable.
In short:
- who has done this before and can offer some advice on Operator / location?
- Who has interest?
- Who has other helpful info?

Hey Kerry,

One group you may want to look at is the Explorer Ventures Liveaboards. They have a really good deal where if you get 5 people to pay, the 6th person goes for free. You can then take that free spot and split it up over everyones cost and everyone gets a better deal. So you don't need a lot of folks to get that free spot.

I have chartered their Saba/St. Kitts boat, the Caribbean Explorer II, for June of 2016 and I'm discounting the price of the trip by $500 per person. Just keep an eye out for specials that are offered and you can find deals like this.

Back
Top Bottom