Stolen Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyson155

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Last Saturday (8/24/13) I had a Liquivision X1 (S/N 2483) and a Suunto D3 stolen from the shower house at Dutch Springs (PA). Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tyson Wheeler

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch. Was it locked up? There's been a rash of thefts reported at Dutch lately...I'd be taking my computers into the shower with me at this point. Hope you get your stuff back.

Thanks, but no, it has not turned up. Seems that things have been walking away from Dutch lately. Those days of leaving your stuff on the tables overnight are apparently over.

ill keep an eye out for your stuff. im sure the Liquivision X1 would be somewhat rare up there.

Hi all,

Last Saturday (8/24/13) I had a Liquivision X1 (S/N 2483) and a Suunto D3 stolen from the shower house at Dutch Springs (PA). Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tyson Wheeler

Go to hhssoftware.com and send Ross an e-mail informing him of the stolen X1 serial number. He will lock it down and prevent any further updates or support on that unit. Also inform Liquivision customer support.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Go to hhssoftware.com and send Ross an e-mail informing him of the stolen X1 serial number. He will lock it down and prevent any further updates or support on that unit. Also inform Liquivision customer support.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products
Very nice!

Query
When the thief contacts Liqivision about the unit not updating, they send it to you, you send it to Tyson and send a letter to the thief informing them that it has been returned to its rightful owner?

Next would be to install locating GPS in the units so thief's can be dealt with swiftly:ar15::bash::m16:

When the thief contacts Liqivision about the unit not updating, they send it to you, you send it to Tyson and send a letter to the thief informing them that it has been returned to its rightful owner?

It may not be the thief that sends the unit. In Florida it is common for people to steal scuba gear to resell it, either on eBay, Craig's list, to a pawn shop, or even to a dive shop. The person sending the unit may have no idea it is stolen. The best thing Liquidvision could due is contact the police and let them sort it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom