Stolen Drysuit and two regs - Santa Cruz, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KillerJupe

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Someone stole two new Waterproof D10 drysuits with blue silicone seals and my initials (DWW) on them.

They also got all the undergarments, and two full air integrated Oceanic EOC regs.

They wired through the window of my new Mazda and popped the trunk, alarm didn't go off for the trunk.

8,000 worth of gear

Likely some stoner college kids as they got my emergency CC that i keep in the car. Charged $425 at a smoke shop, $75 at a sex shop, $50 at jack in the box and then $2 at redbox.... sounds like they are going to have a good night... ****ers

I live in upper west side of Santa Cruz, CA
Theft happened sometime between 10pm and 8am on 1/3/13-1/4

Thank, state farm insurance!

If anyone sees it for sale let me know hongkongphooey@gmail.com

Sorry to hear it, but glad to hear State Farm is coming through for you.

What's the world coming to? Stolen goods, and drugs are more expensive than sex...

A.) Thieves must have known what was in the car, unless they thought they were just gonna get a donut spare and a jack and hit the lotto for $8k by chance? Unlikely. I'd give some thought to people who knew what was in your car, knew it's value, and have an idea where to sell such things for top dollar.

B.) Stolen credit cards are usually quickly dumped off on someone else for a couple of bucks or in trade. Unlikely the people who used it were the ones who broke into your car.

Yes... this means that your stuff was stolen by someone you know, or someone who knows someone you know. Sorry about that... makes it sucks even more.

Thats a good point.
I forgot that my buddies wetsuit was in a dry bag in the back seat and visible, so that might have provoked the initial "attack" because they took that too.

They took my fully stamped pizza my heart coupon too, i put it on the police report though :)
Maybe PMH will feel bad and give me another

I still an't believe the alarm doesn't go off when the trunk hatch is popped... good job mazda :/

I HATE thieves!

It is interesting though that they opened the trunk not knowing what was in it, let alone that there was anything in it?? Makes me wonder if they didn't watch you open your trunk at some point? They also seem to know the vehicle well, and even had access to the back seat area from the trunk.

FWIW after a couple of crank fiends drove up our private driveway past FOUR "NO TRESPASSING" signs I put up a nice video surveillance system that records every vehicle coming and going, along with surveillance around the entire house. Some visible cameras and a couple of video signs might help protect your belongings. Of course so would a car alarm, but who is to say they won't break into your house next time?

I don't live on a private road or anything, I have to park on the street, but right in front of my house at least.

I thought about them seeing me load my car as I load it up every weekend almost do go diving and used to have gear drying in a semi-visible location.
My thought was they opened the trunk to gain access to the inside of the car and just were surprised w/ a trunk full of goodies.
I feel like most cars with trunks have access to the car interior from it for safety or putting long things in.

I locked my keys in my trunk at work and called the auto mechanic division.
They sent someone over with a long rod and got into my car in about 30 seconds. I feel like anyone who is a criminal or steals stuff from cars/hangs out with people like that would know how to get into a car pretty easy.

Spoke with the police today, they were like we aren't going to investigate.
I called all the places that they used the stolen credit card at and was like please save the video for this time frame and can we give it to the cops so they would at least have a picture.

They took my fully stamped pizza my heart coupon too, i put it on the police report though :)
Well now all the cops have to do is arrest anyone trying to claim a coupon who has a dildo in their back pocket..

Well now all the cops have to do is arrest anyone trying to claim a coupon who has a dildo in their back pocket..

They might just be happy to see you?

Tigerman - I think that you just wrote the opening episode for the next season of Lilyhammer.

Tigerman - I think that you just wrote the opening episode for the next season of Lilyhammer.
Haha, it could be a good one :p
And wtf? How do you know of that (completely insane) show :eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom