Double PST HP100s, OMS Backplate, Halcyon Explorer Wing, Apeks Tec 3 tegs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colliam7

Tech Instructor
Staff member
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Piedmont NC - somewhere between Cary NC and Hillsborough NC. They were in the back of my truck when I left Cary at ~8 PM Monday night (17 DEC 2012), they weren't there when I went to the truck Tuesday morning (18 DEC 2012).

Damn...I hopt that you them back. Care to tell us more about what to look for...i.e. tank color, BC color and lift, Reg color and any additional markings. Did you send this to all the dive shops with in the area? Just asking in order to catch someone trying to sell them or getting them filled or serviced.

Damn...I hopt that you them back. Care to tell us more about what to look for...i.e. tank color, BC color and lift, Reg color and any additional markings. Did you send this to all the dive shops with in the area? Just asking in order to catch someone trying to sell them or getting them filled or serviced.
Tony, Thank you for the post. Since it is Christmas, and the time for miracles (or Festivus, and still the time for miracles :)) I feel fortunate to be able to say that my gear made it 'home for the holidays' on Christmas. The gear fell out of the back of my truck, about 4 miles from my house, after I apparently left the tailgate down when I left the shp late that Monday night, and drove from Cary to Hillsborough. A good Samaritan stopped to pick it up, lest someone have an accident driving over it or swerving to avoid it, and took it to a nearby fire station, not knowing what to do with air cylinders. He posted a note on Raleigh Craigslist, the manager of another shop in the area (Gypsy Divers) saw it, and called our shop (Down Under) - I had contacted all the shops in the Raleigh - Durham area. The Down Under owner followed up with the fire station captain, and I managed to get it back. Amazingly, the only damage - one side of one of the exhaust 'T's broke off, the left post valve handle stem appears just a bit bent, but is still fully functional, and there is some asphalt crammed up around the top tank bands where it slid along the highway.

Lessons learned:

1. Pay attention when I lower the tailgate to get something out, and make sure I put it back up
2. Mark the gear in such a way that it is readily identifiable (I had serial numbers recorded for everything except the backplate, but nothing on the gear identifying it as mine, or how to contact me), so someone can contact you if they find it.
3. There are still some very good, honest, helpful people in this world - that is perhaps the best lesson.

Very good outcome with a very bad start. Everytime I start out of the driveway...leaving the tailgate down is always in the back of my mind. I have even stopped to recheck it before. Now, because I have a Retrax cover that can lock as well as the tailgate, I have gotten into the habit of locking them everytime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom