Lost Suunto Zoop Dos Ojos Cenote April 18 :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wineaux

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ugh. I am only mad at myself but thought maybe if someone happened to be there or know someone who was that morning....

I took my yellow Suunto Zoop off my arm and stuck it in the foot hole of my fin that was sitting on one of the cement tables in the parking area, right next to the restroom in order to get my long sleeves off to use the restroom before dives. My dive buddy was right there so it doesn't seem like someone would have come over to take it. Unfortunately I forgot about this until I was putting my fin on, back in the water, and realized I didn't have the computer on my arm. Ran back to the table area, asked the man and boy sitting at the little shop but only go "no, lady" in response to asking if they say it fall out as I walked away. I retraced my steps down to the water and looked around under the stairs but no watch. *sigh* I really don't know where it fell out or was lost, but.... hope springs eternal that someone may have found it and has it safe.

Luckily it was such an incredible experience to dive the cenote that I am still so wow'd and grateful for such a breathtaking experience that I'm able to not be too upset.

Thanks for at least reading, passing on the word if you know anyone there that day, or just sharing a similar experience. I'll definitely never make that mistake again. If it comes off my arm it gets attached to something else on me.

Back
Top Bottom