Anti-fog formulae

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, does any one know the formulae of the anti-fog used for masks ?
I usually buy the little antifog spray in my LDS. Last time I dived in the dive boat there was a 1 litre bottle with antifog. Surelly the dive boat crew does it.

Baby shampoo

Baby shampoo is the most common formula. The mixtures on the boats are usually diluted with a lot of water.

My personal formula is 50/50 mixture of J&J Baby Shampoo (without conditioner or other extras!) and rubbing alcohol.

I use silicone grease on my moustache and sometimes get a bit onto the mask. The alcohol/shampoo mixture does a really good job of cleaning up the mask, and my mixture has ended the fogging problems of some other divers that had persistent problems.

Hi all, does any one know the formulae of the anti-fog used for masks ?
I usually buy the little antifog spray in my LDS. Last time I dived in the dive boat there was a 1 litre bottle with antifog. Surelly the dive boat crew does it.

When no one is looking, the crew members pass the bottle around and spit in it. :shocked2:

I like baby shampoo-especially on a liveaboard as it serves two purposes.

I have used JASON pure natural organic wash. Works like a charm and I don't feel bad when it gets into the water, biodegradable and no fog!.. cheap too, half litre 5 bucks?

Baby shampoo diluted with water in a small spray bottle. Works great for me and "no more tears."

Well, I did my antifog spray with 50 % Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo + 50 % pure alcohol in a small spray bottle. Worked pretty well.

Is there any concern for the alcohol eating the mask?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom