Creature from the black lagoon "Gill Man".

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zen Diving Inc.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Im posting this in the DIY forum as I believe some may benefit from watching the process. I am currently building a full reproduction suit of the creature from the black lagoon. This will be a full diving suit with gear built into and or under the suit itself. (the movie version was not made with scuba gear). If you are interested in seeing the molding process or learning how to make rubber/silicone parts, visit my business Facebook page. Im not here officially to solicit any business, just making some training techniques available for those who like to make their own stuff. If you have any questions on how to do something with regard to what i'm doing please forward your questions here or send me a private message. Here is the most current photo of the build.
20121205_163028.jpg

Attachments

• 20121205_163028.jpg
    20121205_163028.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,006
As a kid, it was my favorite movie. S the community pool i would spend hours dropping down and swimming underwater like him. I still love Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Start! Looks like WED clay or Klean Klay. Very nice symmetry. Cant wait to see what textures get added. I did a "Gillman" sculpt some time ago but never ended up molding it.

Looks good thx for sharing! Her are the current build photos:

20121208_124712.jpg20121208_134809.jpg20121208_135145.jpg20121208_140626.jpg20121208_142818.jpg20121208_142920.jpg

What's the pink stuff for? Is that the investment prior to making a mold of what you just built?

How heavy do you think it will end up being?

Dry weight should be around 20-30lbs not including tanks.

---------- Post added December 8th, 2012 at 08:54 PM ----------

What's the pink stuff for? Is that the investment prior to making a mold of what you just built?

The pink stuff is a 25 shore 2 part silicone, which will be covered with another coat and then backed up with foam to keep its form.

Tag to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom