First try at a Go-Pro mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wycacher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is my first go at it. Obviously the paint is lacking, and I tried out a spray on plastic for the handles that chipped instantly, but the design its self seems to work well. Going to go with grip tape for a skateboard and see how that holds up. The single handle is for one handed operation. Just need to add an eyebolt for an attachment point. Any questions or criticism welcome. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 272
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
I'd recommend against the grip tape unless you're fond of having your skin abraded off. That stuff is terribly hard on anything but hard rubber/plastic. I'd go with wrap-around tape like used on bicycle handle bars first to see if it holds up.

On what will you be mounting this?

this is supposed to be a handheld mount. That is a good point with the grip tape. Ill swing by the local shop and see what they have. Thanks!

That's actually a good idea you have there. Using two EZ-pull conduit 90's and a junction box is thinking out of the box all right. I like it. B

thanks, its working pretty well.

Try Rescue Tape. Stretchy, seemingly unbothered by sea water, comes in colors.

Looks good.

I did a paracord wrap as below. The trick is to wrap it, soak it water, then let it dry, and it will shrink enough to get real tight.

bbALL004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom