Epoxy Putty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

52brandon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anybody have any experience with the stuff on dives? I've used it to custom fabricate tweeter mounts for my car before and it worked EXTREMELY well, it's help up over years of driving on a stiff suspension with low-profile tires (ie. more jolts and road feedback than most cars). I am curious as to how well it would hold up to the pressure and the elements involved in diving though. Don't really have a specific application in mind at the moment, but it's been a versatile go-to for a long time for me and I'd like to know it's limits before I think up some "brilliant" idea that would require it. Obviously, I'd go with the marine version which I think would hold up fairly well on the element side, but would it fail under pressure? Thanks in advance.

I would say elan is right. As long as you don't create any voids within the material, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

sweet. Thanks guys. If I remember correct, It was pretty neutrally buoyant. With sandpaper and paint, any rigged up clump of crap can be made to look like a decent part with little effort.

I used JBWeld to glue 2 lead sinkers together for a weight for my SMB. That was 3 years ago and it's still working.

Splash Zone is a great underwater epoxy. I manage Marine Construction and we use it a lot for small fixes and sealing gaps/leaks. I even had a small skiff that got damaged and sunk in a storm 8 months ago. I patched it up with Splash Zone and it has been working fine ever since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom