Making difficult to find SP 109 parts. Exhaust Tee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raftingtigger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Details coming soon. In the meantime enjoy the pictures.

homemade exhaust T.jpghomemade exhaust T front.jpg
Home made variety. This has well over 100 dives on my primary 2nd stage.

exhaust t repair back.jpgbad exhaust t with tape.jpgrepaired exhaust t front.jpginner tube cut for exhaust t.jpgPICT0100.jpg
Repaired variety. A little radiator hose repair tape (OSH) and an innertube. This has a couple of dives on it.

Coming in the future????
Cast OEM style new exhaust tee.

Sorry no extras for Beta testing at this time. You are on your own with this.

VDH is about to offer his very nice reproduction of the 109/156 exhaust tee (and rubber cover). It really would be a shame to start an unnecessary competition when there are so many aftermarket possibilities.

Not to disagree Awap but VDH sells the ones to fit the second stages with the oval opening. The older 108s have a round opening which does not work with these types of tees. So a DIY solution is worthwhile. Also this could be beneficial for other metal regs that are no longer supported.

VDH is about to offer his very nice reproduction of the 109/156 exhaust tee (and rubber cover). It really would be a shame to start an unnecessary competition when there are so many aftermarket possibilities.

Yes, and I'm sure his will be very nice. If they had been available when I first made a DIY one I might have gone that way. OTOH, my DIY way is very inexpensive and works great. I am more into function that cosmetic restoration.

If I want an ACCURATE reproduction I will go buy it from VDH, however my goal is FUNCTIONAL parts and I'm having a ball figuring out how to make them. Since this is a DIY - making your own gear forum, I thought other DIYers would like to see what I'm creating, just like I get ideas from their projects.

Bump to this thread as a friend is in need of a custom exhaust tee for an older 108.

Tigger, which of your DIY exhaust tees did you find most suitable?

Thanks,

Couv

My favorite is the clear vinyl tubing with a SMALL circle cut out for the metal part of the exhaust tee. Heat it up and stretch it over. Doesn't come off.

Naturally, I can't find one right now to take a picture of. :rolleyes:

The ones from VDH are very nice and look stock. Unfortunately they are of a softer material, and so far I have lost at least 2 while in use. At their price I will go with the DIY from here on.

Edit: Whoops, that style is not even shown in the thread. I'll go find and photo one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom