Car Keys & Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All suited up, everybody is ready to go and you left something important in the car? Or solo dive, zipped yourself up and left your bottled water on the front seat? I finally got this solved (for me at least). The solution started with NWGratefulDiver's advice.(http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ad...72-car-keys-water-pressure-2.html#post7096431) I kept fussing with this until I got it right:

KeyStorage.jpg

Keys go into a locking plastic bag, hook and loop (Velcro) tab I had laying around glued to inside of drysuit. Finally got everything to stay in place with a thick rubber band.

Where to glue:
Don drysuit and rig, find a sweet spot for your keys, mark this spot on the outside of the DS with a small piece of tape. Remove DS and transfer the tape to the same spot on inside of the suit. Now glue Velcro tab on the inside so that the lock/unlock buttons are centered over the tape.

I can easily lock and unlock the vehicle just by walking up to it and pressing the button. Thanks, Bob!

I had a copy cut at the local hardware store. It will ope the door but will not start the car. Like the valet key if it gets wet no problems. Put it onto thin bungee and attached to pocket on drysuit. The bungee is long enough to put around my neck when diving wet.

I have an old dive light that I took the batteries out of. I put my key in a small ziplock bag, then put the bag in the dive light body, close the top, then clip the flashlight key holder into my drysuit pocket.

My drysuit pocket has a zippered pocket on the flap, with two gear loops inside. I just clip my valet key to one of these loops, which makes the key readily accessible.

Pocket_BAP_access.jpg

I have a truck with a built in hitch. I am typing this on my phone so I can't provide a link but if you google 'trailer hitch combo lock' you'll find this awesome four digit combo lock box that will fit a key in it inside my trailer hitch. I lock it with a four digit code I pick and can share the code with my dive buddies in case they surface before me and need into the vehicle. It is an awesome invention and perfect for the diver with a trailer hitch. Check it out!!

Now that I am on a PC, here is a link to the lock I bought that is totally awesome:

http://www.amazon.com/HitchSafe-HS7000T-Key-Vault/dp/B000I66JEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Buy a Ford with the door code buttons. You never need to carry keys again. :)

No signature

I have a very basic truck,.... no power windows, locks or anything. I just take the key off the ring & wear it around my neck on a piece of cave line. I keep a key & give one to my buddy (in case of an emergency).

Back
Top Bottom