UK Light Cannon 100 HID 'Re-birth'?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
My fellow frugal Aquanauts I need help.

I have two, now internally dead Light cannons. Bulbs are fine, housing is sound, fresh batteries but the electronics to fire it all off are scrap. UK no longer offers new electronics. Hmmm...

My customized camera tray is just that, customized to have these twin light sources.

So, I'm wondering about adapting the now useless interior of these to convert to led lighting.

Would be eternally grateful for suggestions...guidance on right directions...in awe of already done alterations!

Many Thanks

WOA

I have two, now internally dead Light cannons. Bulbs are fine, housing is sound, fresh batteries but the electronics to fire it all off are scrap. UK no longer offers new electronics. Hmmm...

My customized camera tray is just that, customized to have these twin light sources.

So, I'm wondering about adapting the now useless interior of these to convert to led lighting.

Would be eternally grateful for suggestions...guidance on right directions...in awe of already done alterations!

Many Thanks

WOA

Do you just need the Ballast/Bulb Holder?

---------- Post added January 15th, 2015 at 06:25 PM ----------

Many Thanks

WOA

If you just need the Ballast/Bulb Holders (strikers), you can still buy them from USHIO.

Last edited:
OK...USHIO is? Contact info? Thanks for getting back to me.

Great question. I just threw out a non-working light canon. I would love to hear some ideas on repurposing them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom