MAKO Spearguns Announces 680 Lumen Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
680-dive-light-status-indicators.jpg

680 Lumen Dive Light | MAKO Spearguns

For such a small light, this high quality light is amazingly bright with a whopping 680 lumens!

The MAKO Spearguns 680 Lumen dive light is the only dive light of its kind to offer a real time battery status indicator which tells you how much battery you have left.

The MAKO Spearguns dive light is a professional grade dive light offering an amazing 680 lumens of brightness, powered by two affordable CR123 batteries.

Loaded with features, this high quality MAKO 680 Lumen dive light has a focus beam to provide the best direct lighting available with three modes: High, Low and Flashing S.O.S.

The battery status indicator LED located at the on/off button is green color when batteries are 70% and above, blue color when batteries are 69% to 40% and red color when the batteries dip below 39%.

Specifications:

• Brightness: 680 Lumens
  • 60 meter depth rating
  • Battery: 2 x CR123
  • Dimensions: 5 ¼" x 1"
  • Beam angle 15 degree
  • Three Modes: (High) (Low) (Flashing S.O.S.) (Off)
  • Run Times: (high / 2.5 hrs) (low / 4 hrs) (S.O.S. 3 hrs)
  • Battery Status Indicator: (Green color = above 70%) (Blue color = 69% to 40%) (Red color = below 39%)

Speargun Mounting Bracket

The MAKO Spearguns 680 Lumen dive light can also be mounted to your speargun using the optional MAKO Spearguns flashlight mounting kits which attach to any speargun.

Just like the MAKO Spearguns Rapid On/Off Camera Mounting Brackets, the MAKO Spearguns Light Brackets are the most durable and most versatile brackets available.

flashlight-bracket-angle.jpg

Wrist Glove Flashlight Holder

Operate and store your dive light in hands free mode with this awesome “Wrist Glove Flashlight Holder”.

Made of durable neoprene, the MAKO Spearguns flashlight wrist glove is fully adjustable with Velcro straps and securely holds your flashlight in place while diving.

680-dive-light-wrist-holder-on-arm.jpg

Would like to hear from divers who have used this light, about the burn time ...... 2.5 hrs at 680 lumens on two CR123 batteries is an advancement.......

I got one of these Sunday as an anniversary present from my wife. With two brand new surefire batteries I took off to the local quarry with my mask and snorkel to test it out. I only ran it on high as I wanted to test the battery life myself. After about 10-15 minutes I checked and my indicator light had went down to the mid light indicator. With it draining that quickly I wasn't exactly looking for it to last very long at all. At 50-55 minutes I noticed it was now red but not any dimness of the light. I exited at 1 hr and 48 minutes from entry and was still on red with no sign of dimness. I thought about testing it more but with two tanks I don't expect to be down much longer than that total needing a dive light. I consider a pack of batteries per dive just assurance I will have light. My other light I had running on AA batteries get noticeably dimmer from start of dive to end.

I'm going to try to go out to the tower spearing next Tuesday and will take the light with me and do some more testing. I'll report back more when I have more time with it.

They aren't cheap but they can be reasonable if you buy in bulk.
ASP Battery CR123A Lithium Pack of 12

Lowes sells them here for 5.?? for 2 which is crazy high, always better to order them IMO.

I actually ordered 144 surefire branded ones a while back because all my weapon lights and my home alarm sensors take them as well so I'm always using them.

Thanks SVT-.......1 hr 48 mins at 680 lumen, w/two CR123's in a compact light is a big improvement over existing lights of that size....What did you think of the quality of the light it self and is it a twist on/off ( how easy was it to turn on/off if it is) or rear button switch ???...

The quality is very well made. I was using only the wrist strap and came out the lake on the boat ramp and walked across a water snake, didn't realize it until he slithered over my bootie. Of course I jumped and possible screamed like a little girl but in the process I slung the light out of the wrist glove. (FYI, I recommend using a bungee around the arm even if you are using the wrist glove) It took a good smack on the ground but still worked fine, it got a battle scar not no ill effects.

ON off is the button with the light up battery indicator around it. You won't be inadvertently hitting it while diving or fumbling around, it does take a conscious effort to toggle it from High, low, SOS, and off.

I would have no reservations about this light at all, its reasonably priced for what you get and as with all things Mako's CS behind it can be of comfort if you ever did have an issue.

I'll try to get some photos of the light in use soon and post.

Thanks SVT_......I ck'd their 'site and was amazed at the price.....Will be buying one and trying it in caves.......

Will do Mako....Always looking for brighter, more compact, lighter and better priced........Hey UK, you listening ???......Mako's 'tapping' on your window !!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom