After Siladen Island, Bunaken Marine Park, where to next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiggsy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just got back from magnificent Siladen Island Resort and Spa, in Bunaken Marine Park, North Sulawesi. Had a fantastic time and superb diving (see brief Trip report in Indonesia section). Now I have to find somwehere as good, or (doubtfully) better! I take a group of 30-45 friends, school kids and familes diving each year - the last 3 years we have gone to Beqa Lagoon Resort (which was terrific) and Siladen (which was brilliant). Now I'm after somewhere that compares well. I have several criteria to live up to, to meet the requirements of our group.

• Must have a good beach and, preferably a pool (for the kids).
  • Great snorkelling at the resort
  • Isolated (no roads in/out) - we stay put and want to be remote.
  • Close by dive sites (we want a double dive each morning then back for lunch - I like boats but don't want to spend all day out on one!)
  • Tropical/equatorial warm water location (we travel in July)
  • Dives suitable for all levels and in house Instructor (we had 6 do PADi Open Water at Siladen.)
A pretty fine standard of accomodation (Beqa Lagoon Resort and Siladen have set a high standard!).
Not too hard to get to from the east coast of Australia
Must be able to accomodate up to 45 and take 30 or more divers.

Looking at places such as Lankayan (but I query how good the diving is ...."mostly macro"??)

I'd value greatly any recommendations that fit these fussy guidelines!:)

Back
Top Bottom