Pulau tioman, recommend dive shop and stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, i am looking forward a 3 days holiday in Tioman, i would like to know which part to stay in Tioman is more convenient for diving, and recommend safe dive shop is appreciated . Thanks

I prefer to stay on ABC because you can stay at Bamboo Hill Chalets. They are cheap, nice and have amazing veiws of the coast. From ABC you can still dive with B&J (they have a shop on ABC as well) or you can dive with Eco. Eco will be less crowded, but if their big boat isn't fixed; I would go with B&J. I had a great experience with Eco, but the big boat was so slow.

Just came back from Tioman. I also prefer ABC for it's quiet, laid-back atmosphere. I had a great time with the Eco Divers (big boat is fixed! ;-) !! Great instructor, usually less crowded dives than B&J ..

I just came back from Tioman, i didn't make it to ABC, my friends chose Berjaya resort, what a big mistake, we will never stay there again.But the dive trip was full of suprise, we went to Chebeh island for first dive, the visibility was up to 25 meters, a manta came and take a look of us then left, lot of fishs, sea fan and soft coral, the second dive was okay too, about 3 turtles, juvenile Baracuda and Jack fishs and "Nemo", i really enjoy.

Sounds like decent diving Flian. I am glad that part went well.

I has been many years since I stayed at Berjaya so my info could be outdated but... Berjaya is a decent place to stay for a family, assuming you like big resorts and need the pool, restaurants and access to golf, horseriding ect. It's far from a world class resort it seems to have more ClubMed feel to it. (Of course I have only been to one ClubMed though and that was also in Malaysia). If you plan to do one or two dives during a week's stay at Berjaya, feel free to use their own laidback dive centre. If you are in Tioman primarily to dive though, particularly if you are not travelling with non-divers, I would definitely stay in a more basic but diver-friendly place in Salang, ABC or Tekek. None of these places comes close to rivalling something like Phuket but just comaring the three to each other, Salang is the place with more drinking/noise at night but closer to dive sites; Tekek is more central for the island, closer to ammenities; and, ABC is most laid back. All IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom