Pulau Lang Tengah in Malaysia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaslug

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on whether it is worth doing a trip out to Pulau Lang Tengah?
What can i expect to see there?
Can you recommend any operators/reasonable dive packages?
ANY info would be appreciated.
Ta!!!:)

Try East Marine. I think they have some sort of package deal with Square point resort. 3D/2N 4 dives. Can't recall their contact but I think you can get it thru the PADI website under PADI dive resorts.

Thanks for the info, ymy.
I have heard that they are the only operators on the island - have you dived with them and do you find them safe/efficient/reasonably priced?

Seaslug,

I have never dived lang tengah :( ... its on my list :). I have dived with them in Pulau Payar though. Quite a good outfit I found. Relatively professional by Asian standards. If you have difficulty finding their contact I can probably dig it up for you ... let me know.

BTW. Are you from Malaysia.

Would be grateful if you can get me the contact details for East Marine, ymy - I don't think they are on the Net. I checked out the web site for Square Point and their quoted prices for dives are pretty steep - do you know if this is what they normally charge (about RM95 per dive) or can you get discounts????

Yes I am in Malaysia...most of the time!

Seaslug, try out this website, http://www.perhentianferry.com.my/index.html not sure if you had been there but I am heading up to Perhentian and they provided me with all the information needed. In fact I am not sure if you had been to that part, but from correspondiing with these guys on the forum and checking out some of the info myself from dive operators and the resorts there, it would seem best to head down to Perhentian and do day trips out from there.
Thats my plan actually. Not sure if they do day trips to Lang Tengah but I am hoping I will be able to do maybe a dive there and a couple at Redang during a day trip from Perhentian. You can wait for me to return from that dive trip and will message this board again. :wink:
Anyway, the guys here are just simply helpful ...thanks folks. cheers
Jason

Thanks Jason. I have checked out that site before but the prices they quoted were on the high end. So I am hoping someone would have helpful tips on how to get a better deal..!!
I think it is quite far to get to Lang Tengah from Perhentian, so may not be viable. However if you find out anything otherwise, pls let me know!
By the way, who are you diving with in Perhentian? I look forward to reading your trip report..

Yeah, the dive rates are not really cheap but I was hoping to be able to negotiate a lower rate since I have 5 other divers with me. The divers are all close friends of mine, all caught the diving bug and nowadays all we speak revolves ard diving. :jester:
I believe Lang Tengah could be able 1-2 hrs away by boat from Perhentian and Redang possibly another 1-2 hrs from Lang Tengah. Will check out the groung there soon and will send you a PM on how negotiatable the prices are for diving. From the info I see, I think Lang Tengah has only 2 dive operators and is a really really small island, something about walking across the island in an hr or two.
One last thing is that, I know locals always get better rates, I just hope that my malay speaking friend in my dive group could somehow bond with them and get lower prices ..... *keeping fingers cross* ....... Cheers:D

Their number in Penang is 04-2265000. Website is http://www.eastmarines.com.my/

If I recall correctly the price they quoted a few months ago was a little more than 500 (something like 520) for 3D/2N, 4 boat dives, DM, tanks, weights, full board, twin sharing, ex-Merang ... somthing like that.

I think a package deal like this would be cheaper than going for a per dive charge.

Let me know if you need more info

Thanks for the info, guys. I am checking out the website at this very moment and for the package you mentioned, ymy, the price quoted is RM565. Hmmm. Maybe speaking some local lingo will get RM45 knocked off that price, what think you???!!!:D

You are right that a package is cheaper but 4 dives are just not enough!!!

savant, you mentioned 2 dive operators on Lang Tengah - who else is there besides East Marine??:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom