Sipadan Water Village

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceanfreedom

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone!
Next August I am planing a trip to Mabul for about one week and I would like to get as many dives as possible in Sipadan:D like everyone else
I would like to do the Celebes Explorer but my girlfriend doesn't dive and she wants to stay in one the type water bungalows.
I have read lots of comments about Kalapai and Mabul Water Bungalows but not too may about Sipadan Water Villages.
I'm an underwater photographer and after checking with other photographers on another forum I was advised that in SWV I might get more chances to dive in Sipadan because they normally have more guest that they don't dive that other resorts but I would like to get your opinion.
Thanks for all your help
David

Hey man, I was in Sipadan Water Village early this year. Supercool!! I like it and is now planning for a return in 2012. There were about 10 of us in my group comprising Malaysian, Switzerland and the US. Two are none diver and just did their snorkelling.

The house reef is good enough and i've been repeating the house reef over and over again. Plus, the house reef is for free (just be extra careful of the boat upon surfacing). Somewhere nearby they even have a huge resident turtle. Plenty of pipe fish, lion fish, angel fish, crocodile fish, frog fish and man i'm getting tired to name all. The house reef is amazing for both diving and snorkel.

All the other dives around mabul-kapalai are good as well. Viz are good (unless u got really unlucky and it rain a few day before). Plenty to see and to be appreciatted even more for a photographer like you. Sipadan is good and truly live up to the given status as one of the best natural wonders in the world.

The food are fresh and good. Some said it is kindda tasteless. But as for me, it was already damn good. Plenty of variety to choose and they are trying hard to please all the guests. The resort itself is an awesome place to be. The room are without aircond but the breeze and the fan are enough. Great view and i heard they can also hel to set up for a romantic dinner of sort at the balcony of your room upon request.

Feel free to contact me if you need more advise man. Happy diving!

There are rooms w/air conditioners, but only a small number of them. We had one when I was there in Oct 2011, and I was very happy to have it!

In the 10 days I stayed at SWV I dove Sipadan Island many times, partly because the 515am boat was not wildly popular with the people who enjoyed a few too many drinks the night before! If you don't mind waking early, you will be rewarded with fantastic early morning dives with the bumpheads, schools of barracuda and jacks, white tip sharks, turtles, etc etc...amazing! They bring food/drink for your SI on the Island, which is a great place to take a break.

The house reef truly is a fantastic place to dive, and you can dive as much as you want even at night as long as you sign up by writing your name on the board. Also some of the other islands you will get to dive such as Siamil are fantastic as well.

Hello everyone!
Next August I am planing a trip to Mabul for about one week and I would like to get as many dives as possible in Sipadan:D like everyone else
I would like to do the Celebes Explorer but my girlfriend doesn't dive and she wants to stay in one the type water bungalows.
I have read lots of comments about Kalapai and Mabul Water Bungalows but not too may about Sipadan Water Villages.
I'm an underwater photographer and after checking with other photographers on another forum I was advised that in SWV I might get more chances to dive in Sipadan because they normally have more guest that they don't dive that other resorts but I would like to get your opinion.
Thanks for all your help
David

I would give Kapalai a go if you haven't already. I rate it over SWV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom